got my order in for 7.5

Um because my health insurance/out of pocket costs were $13,000 last year? How much was yours? Because your tax rate is higher? Because of Capitalist rules of supply and demand and what market value is in any given area. I could continue but the point is every market is different. I am guessing here, as I am no economist, that the companies that sell product make higher return off product at lower price point in USA than in Europe.

So I am sorry you pay more and I am sorry that we make less and pay more for essential services

Sat up until gone midnight but then read I have to wait another 14 x hours !! :cry:

Grace Period updates will become active on December 4, 2013 at around 2 p.m. CET.

No you don’t

So many factors… In some cases it can be as simple as a lower demand driving prices down. It could be tarrifs, trade agreements, corporate taxes, etc. In some countries the cost of doing business is just higher due to regulations and legal procedures, etc.

Different countries have different social entitlements such as maternity leave, health care, retirement pensions. You can’t just look at the price alone. You have to look at the entire economic picture.

Bottom line is that things cost different amounts in different areas for different reasons. Look at cable TV and internet service. Prices can vary quite a lot between areas only a few miles apart.

We Americans pay for internet more than any developed country and yet we get third-world speeds (pretty much like health care: we pay up the wazoo and we get very little in return.) It’s because there is no free market here. In reality there are a few conglomerates that collude to fix the prices and divide up the territory. In Korea or Japan, you can get 100 mbps for as little as $25/mo. Here in the US, the average price for internet cable is $50/mo. for an average of 10-15 mbps.

The joy of out-of-control capitalism… :confused:

Would you switch to the “other” system to save $25 a month?
Not sure I would say it is out of control. After all, there is no perfect system.

p.s. I know this discussion doesn’t belong on the forum but why do people keep “going there” with the capitalist greedy corporation talk? Maybe we can all agree that companies exist to earn a profit and they should do just that to the best of their ability. And if one is not happy with the price or principles of a company, then be happy you have the choice to seek other options.

and all getting serious and off topic! anyway, I hope to have my boxed 7.5 next week. look forward to it. ed :wink:

kewl for you! :sunglasses:

And I just bought 7.0 the other day. Now I updated the UPS page telling me:

which is about halfway …

Then I’ll download 7.5 early in a weekend morning when all of you are still asleep! :sunglasses:

smart thinking batman. I might stay up all night downloading the entire internet just to annoy you! :wink:

Me and Homer already finished the Internet… just sayin’

Aloha guys,
I too am so excited!

Downloaded C7.5 but not installed yet.
(waiting on Mac OS 10.9.1)

Lot’s o’ new updates this month.
I should be quite busy in the coming days/weeks.

{‘-’}
and possibly a couple of new Mac Pros soon :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: :sunglasses:

unboxing! :sunglasses:

If by any chance it comes with a mousepad you don’t need I’ll sacrifice myself and take it from you :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue:

Oooooohh…the excitement :wink: !

I managed to download it on the 5th, installed it and all seems to be working ok so far.

Looks like a very good update :smiley: .

Mauri.

I’m sorry, couldn’t help myself … I couln’t wait until tomorrow haha! :blush: :laughing:
But who cares … now I’m on 7.5 and it seems to work, seems snappy enough when I click around!
Thank you, Steinberg! The download went beyond expectations. :wink:
The 7.5 download took 8 minutes but I’m kind of spoiled with a fast connection.
And now I’m sitting in the middle of a brand new toolbox!!! :smiley:

yes, definitely more fun in a lot of different ways compared to 7.0! :sunglasses:

mine will be delivered on 9th, meanwhile I have the ik multimedia total workstation sound library I bought last week to play with, and nomad factory magma 65 fx plus vst chainer to explore! treating myself this week I am! :slight_smile:

nice! I got me some kind of "ik multimedia total … " a few years ago. There are a few sounds in there … :astonished:
don’t get lost! :laughing:

Yep, don’t encourage them too much, they might give us a s**tload of bugs next time… :astonished: :wink: !

Mauri.

I was more thinking like being positive and then they take down the guard.
THEN we kick them in the head … because … because … naw, we won’t do dat, do we? :confused: :blush: :laughing: