Got The Steinboot on the Cubase 6 upgrade?

Again, I “feel your pain.” I had to deal with a similar issue many many times in the new car business, where people would buy a car and then a few days later the manufacturer would announce a rebate on it. It was RARELY retroactive, and the recent buyers were justifiably quizzed about it. But it wasn’t illegal – you know, “Buyer Beware” – so there wasn’t much that neither they nor us could do about it. I often thought it was an issue the state legislature or DOC should have addressed, preferably with what others have suggested here – pro rated price going back at least 90 days.

I personally find your suggestion of litigation to be far more annoying than Steinberg’s policy, and I am no fan of Steinberg, other than the fact that I use their DAW exclusively and happily.

You need to learn to get over things, and not go crying to your momma every time things don’t go your way.

You missed out. Move on. If necessary, choose not to buy Steinberg products in the future.

If you sue them for this, however, you are the worst kind of low life there is: a parasite.

lord dummkopf
i didn’t miss out,i got taken for a ride.

and for your parasite comment:
it takes one to know one…

I agree. Steinberg is not the “greatest” company, but there is no reason it should make exceptions to a generally accepted policy (whether it has changed in the last few versions or not. Also, even though the grace period might be a little short, their upgrade price was VERY fair. That upgrade price targets MANY more people than those who bought within the grace period. So it was a good business move in general. I only bought C5 3 months ago. But I have no problems paying for the upgrade (gonna wait til rev1 or 2 comes out for some bug fixes though).

Either way, it seems to me you’re making a lot of trouble for yourself, and wasted time. Valuable time that could be spent… making music?