Grace Period Issue!

I don’t remember the exact date of my C6.5 activation, but the “My Steinberg” page remembers it to be on 13.11.2012, so theoretically I should be eligible for a grace period upgrade. I tried the grace period instructions after installing the latest eLicenser control software with no luck. I’ve seen in other posts that people have gotten their grace period licenses this way, so there seems to be a problem in my case somewhere.

any suggestions?

You don’t even need to be on a computer with the eLC installed. Just go to the grace period page and enter your eLicenser number …

Thanks for the reply.
Been there, done that. It says: Currently there is no grace period update available…
Any other thing I can try?

Did you run Maintenance fron eLCC first to upgrade the license?

Yes, I did. I went absolutely by the book (or at least I think I did) according to the instructions on the Cubase 7 grace period page. I guess a SB admin might have to check my account. I would pay for the upgrade if this turns to be a misterious problem, so no biggie, but it’s nice to get it for free!

What does eLicense report, C7? If so, it may be due to high traffic on the D/L site.

Thank you for staying with me here. eLicense reports C6.5

So it never up graded to C7. You need to run the Maintenance feature of eLicenser again.

Thanks again. I just did. Still C6.5…

What’s the date on the C6.5 activation in MySteinberg?

It’s 13.11.2012

The Cubase 6.5 license was activated on Oct 10th so that is why there is no grace period update available. The grace period started on Oct 25th.

That would explain it.

I have similar problem like you,except my C 6.5 Activation is 14.6.2011 and E licencer registration is 10.11.2012. So i dont know,am i valid for Grace period?? Tnx

It goes by the activation date.

I got it,from the previous case. Tnx anyway…

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I don’t remember the exact date of my activation. I’m not even sure if it was before or after the announcement of C7. After I saw the announcement I tried to find out if I was eligible, so I referred to the My Steinberg page for the date which indicated November 13, probably the date I happened to feel it was a good idea to register my dongle after a long working day (night sounds more true!). That must have caused the confusion. All and all, my bad. My entire physical memory is inside my computers…

Thanks to Guitman and EdDoll for their help. Now I will gladly buy the upgrade to see what everyone else is talking about in the forum…hot discussions I see!