grand piano

Hi i connected my roland piano and the vst i’m using is grand piano of halion
but the sound is very much mechanic and not feeling at all like real piano, even not like the sound of my roland FP4 i have
how can i improve the sound so it can be more real?
thank you

Get any better results yet? First check the tubes :confused: , if the tubes test GOOD then maybe the keyboard sensitivity is set to off. There are four settings, OFF, LOW, NORMAL, HIGH. To change the sensitivity hold down the Reverb button and press the Sound Control button. The FP4 does transmit velocity data with each note so there should be good expression with the Grand Piano instrument. I like it and it has better dynamics than all my other acoustic piano instrument samples. (those that came with other vst-s)
OK?
Mark
StudioMarconiUSA

No?
If you select the Mapping tab in the editor window you can observe the MIDI data sent by your piano. Watch the Velocity meter on the left of the window when you strike a key and you will see the velocity that is received by Halion and if neccesary you can remap the velocity range to give a better feel.
With the Modulation matrix you can take things even further and connect the MIDI velocity data to amplitude and filter envelopes. The best destination would be attack time, to liven up the sound. Not too much though since the sample already has a percusive envelope.
OK?
If none of this works, read ‘Player Piano’ by Kurt Vonnegut. :wink:
Mark
StudioMarconiUSA