Graphic Card's Suggestion

Hi, i would like to buy a new vga on my pc, i’m oriented toward a nvidia geforce gtx 960, but i read on this forum that a lot of users had several problems with nvidia, especially using waves plugin.

can someone tell me his experiences and if I can proceed with the purchase ?

My specs:

Windows 7 64bit
intel core i7 4790k 4ghz
32gb ram
gigabyte z97x-ud5h

Hi,

I’m happy (no issues) with my ASUS GeForce GT 730 2GB silent but if you’re into gaming or editing video my card may not be powerful enough. For audio work it’s just fine, and isn’t costly.

Good luck :slight_smile: .

Have you seen the Asus Strix version. The fans only spin when under heavy load. I haven’t bought one yet, so I’d also be interested in Cubase/plugins compatibility.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX960DC2OC2GD5/

thanks for your answer
honestly, I was thinking of buying the gtx 960, because i REALLY want to play fallout 4 and occasionaly other games :laughing:
i’ve got a very good pc that i use for work, with an old ati radeon hd 3450. It’s ok for working with audio, but not for gaming, so I was geared toward a gtx 960, a vga with good performance at relatively low price (190 euros).
But I was discouraged by the problems that many users have encountered with waves and cubase 8, even if I want to do some game in a while, it’s still the PC that I use to work on audio. But if you tell me that you have not had any problems, I feel much safer to purchase it.

@Richard

I was oriented towards the model of the msi, but they have more or less the same price, so so I will take information also on the asus model, and i will choose the best for my needs