Graphic issue within cubase and plugins

Hello, I’m having an issue with graphics within Cubase 10.5 pro. Usually starts happening when I’m fairly far into a project, all graphics within Cubase (meters etc) and all plugins with graphics (analyzers, etc) start to jump and lag, no issue with audio at all. It’s something I have been dealing with for a while and just coped with it but recently I have been doing music to video and it is also starting to do the same with the video clip. Is it a graphics card issue? I have tried to download the latest drivers etc with no luck.

Comp spec is -

CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz 35 °C
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
64.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1069MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170-A (LGA1151) 36 °C
Graphics
ASUS VP278 (1920x1080@60Hz)
VC279 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Gigabyte) 48 °C
Storage
111GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO 120GB (SATA (SSD)) 31 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 (SATA ) 31 °C
447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD)) 29 °C
465GB Mobile Drive USB Device (USB (SATA) ) 28 °C
931GB Samsung Portable SSD T5 USB Device (USB (SATA) (SSD))

Wow same problem windows 10… audio card motu 828es AMD graphics card cannot think of the model but a few hundred dollars so I know it good…

Same problem with OSX. I think the problem is that cubase only use a single thread for all plug-in and it’s own graphics. And with a lot of plug-ins doing heavy weight graphics the graphical frame rate drops even if you have lot of GPU and CPU resources available. And sort of right priority, audio must come first. But in the long run they need to fix this. 16 core with HT machines is now available for a home computer budget. 64 core with HT workstations suitable for a studio is here today. It need to be able to put some of them in graphical work. AMD is aggressive and active in this, so next year we will have 24 cores on relative low budgets.

After hours and hours of messing around I actually worked out the issue and thought it would be worth replying. I tried EVERYTHING, I was so close to buying a new graphic card just to rule it out. Turns out it had nothing to do with my system or graphic card etc but Cubase it’s self.

I run tempo tracks quite often, turns out I had an extremely gradual ramp in the temp track, and for what ever reason it made the whole computer lag like crazy, after I turned off the tempo track it started running like a dream. Turns out it’s a bug when using ramps in a tempo track, I couldn’t belive it was something so simple :open_mouth: so only use ‘jumps’ in tempo track, never ramps.

Have graphic glitches too. Random parts of gui are flashing black, and other parts randomly just flash.