Graphical Error

Dear Steinberg,

I was looking for a central support mailing address, but could not find it, so I’ll post to the forum.

As you can see on my account, I’ve been a keen Cubase user for ages. So allow me to thank you for the great software with which you are supporting my work.

However, I need assistance this time.

I’ve started reusing a previously used PC of mine due to its resources. I installed the 10.5 version of Cubase on it and strangely, not all the icons and colours appear in their natural forms. I am enclosing the Cubase_10_05_PC2 picture where I have highlighted this phenomenon.

What can cause this issue? The latest Windows 10 is running on the PC, and the drivers are the latest.

I’ve got another problem above this that I cannot resolve. I have installed and registered the T-Racks5 plugin. While using the plugin, an error message pops up now and then, and the Cubase crashes. Unfortunately, the cpr file cannot be opened after the crash. I have made a screenshot about this as well under the name T_Racks_TR5. Due to this, it occurred to me a couple of times that I had to restart my work. In regards to the latter, I asked for support at IK Multimedia too.

Thank you for your response in advance.

Best Regards,
Szebasztian Szabo

Hi,

As far as I can see, you are still using Cubase 10.5.0. Update to the latest Cubase 10.5.12, please.
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Regarding the graphical issues… What graphic card do you use? If you us NVIDIA, please try this:

• Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Download the latest Studio driver version from here.
  • Start the installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settins.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.

This might be an incompatibility. The hardware is not supported by Intel to run Windows 10 (it’s a 2nd Gen. processor/chipset).

If an NVIDIA card is available, please follow Martin’s advice. AMD and Intel of that generation do not support the DX feature-level needed by Cubase 10.5 (Intel HD 2000/3000 and all Radeon up to HD 6000, 7000 and 8000 are only partly supported).