Graphical Glitches in Dark Mode

Hello,

I’m experiencing a graphical issue with Dorico, as shown in the attached photos. At random moments, grey patterns appear on the screen (can be during note input, on engrave mode, during playback, or when I’m not interacting with the application at all). They appear for a split second, and happen probably 10 times an hour.

The grey patterns only appear within the central window. It only happens in dark mode. I’ve switched to light mode, and used it for many hours without ever seeing the issue. But I much prefer dark mode - so would like to go back to that if the issue can be fixed!

I’m currently on Dorico 3.5, but the issue was also present on Dorico 3. I’ve not had any similar issues with any other applications on the Mac, including graphics heavy ones, so I don’t think it’s a hardware issue.

I’m running macOS 10.15.5, on a 2019 27” 5K iMac, 3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz, 72GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Radeon Pro 580X with 8GB of GDDR5 memory.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this further would be appreciated.
Matt

I’ve never heard any reports of this before, so this is a new one. Is it possible you have any other software/utilities running that could be interfering with Dorico’s display?

Hi Daniel, there isn’t a great deal of other software installed as the machine is only a few months old and I like to keep it clean. It’s just used for audio/media - so there’s Logic X, Final Cut Pro, Eastwest PLAY, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Vienna Instruments Pro, Vienna Synchron Player, Adobe CC, Focusrite Control, eLicenser Control Centre and Dorico (plus the built in Apple stuff).

Adobe CC always has a lot of (too many) background processes running, but that is a recent addition to the machine, and the Dorico glitches were happening before that was installed. The other applications aren’t often running while I use Dorico.

I’ll try and keep one eye on Activity Monitor to see anything happens during the glitch. Trouble is it’s very short, so difficult to trace what’s happening in time.

Thanks,
Matt