Graphics & capture/PB cards questions

Hey guys,

First of all I wanna wish you all the best for 2014.
I’m in the stage of converting to N6. I bought N6 several months ago and have been busy building a new workstation.(Well…still need some parts)

I need some advise for graphics & HD video playback:
Yamaha has recomended an AMD FirePro V7900 (4 outs) for a N6 Win7 workstation.(alone)

1. If I go for this card, would it be necessary to ad a DeckLink 4K Extreme for video playback or is it overkill?

2. Will the AMD FirePro V7900 be able to handle all(most) video playback mp4, avi, mov, wmv HD etc without video issues/incompatebilities.

3. I’ve been using the Intensity Pro for video playback for some years now and I’m satisfied with it, well…most of the time. (low res videos give picture issues)
    The DeckLink 4K Extreme was my next thought, but if this is a better option can I combine it with a XFX Radeon HD 7750 Core Edition 1GB to reduce costs and still have high quality?

Oh yeah I needs at least 2 to 3 outs for the project and 2 for video playback ( 1
42" tv and 1 in the booth)

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Goodmorning guys,

:blush: I failed to give an idea of the system:
CoolerMaster 1000w PS
ASUS X79/3930K combo
8 GB Corsair Vengeance ram
Zalman CNPS12X cpufan (approx 1-2 mm too high for the case… :confused: )
1 500GB Seagate HD (OS)
2 1TB Seagate HD’s (audio)
1 Bluray recorder

Audio will be RME.
So I definitely need to make a final decision for the video section.

Looking forward to some input, thanx

Nice system :wink:.
I know next to nothing about professional video and that probably goes for most people who frequent this subforum :wink:.
Even though technically this would be the right forum to use, you might have more luck in the Nuendo subforum, should noone respond here.

Thanx Strophoid.
Yes I thought this was the forum to deal with hardware issues, but it looks like Nuendo members are posting somewhereelse.
I’ll try the Nuendo section, hopefully the moderator won’t lock my post. :wink:

I actually cut a lot of video - do not not use an AMD card in a video rig. Get an Nvidia card, preferably something in the GTX line. They are much more well suited to video editing needs and their GPUs can handle offline rendering. Or, get two Nvidia cards and SLI them together.

You should also consider more physical RAM in your machine.

I build pro video systems and I can give you some insight if you want, feel free to PM me.

Thanks Brainbotkiller.
A small correction…this machine is not for video editing , it is for audiopost and music recording.
I don’t know if this makes a difference.

Shot you a PM.

got it. thanks.