Graphics frames keep propagating back from layouts to master pages?

If a text frame is created on a master page, you can edit the content outside the master page - but the edits only override the one instance of the text frame.

And of course you can edit the contents of MUSIC frames on the master page outside of the master page - in fact you never do anything else!

I don’t think the issue is “editing the contents of a graphics frame on the master page outside the master page,” but the fact that the edits aren’t local.

Whatever, Daniel has explained why we got to where we are.

It feels like you’re just picking a fight, Rob… do you disagree that it’s confusing the way it currently works—that a local edit does not stay local? My point (“it should only be editable there”) is that because graphics frames behave differently from music and text frames, the way we edit them should reflect that. I’d prefer they work the same as the other types of frames! But they don’t (and yes, I’m grateful Daniel explained why they work that way) and since they don’t, they shouldn’t be edited exactly the same as other types of frames. In my opinion.

I have the same problem. Here is a good reason (to my point of view to overthink the behaviour like it is now). I make arrangements for saxes, clarinet and flute. So I have to make a Title Page for each instrument with all information in tokens. Now it comes to the point, where I have an alto sax on master page 1, a tenor sax on master page 2. As well I have duo versions with piano. So I have to make 4 more pages with the picrutes (solo instrumetn and piano) And of course I have a piano part with a title page as well. Maybe that is an exotic issue :wink:
At the moment I have to make 9 master pages. Since I could not copy master pages, I have to do it 4 times. And as the formatting of text is not copyied, it takes a lot of time.

There is one more thing: When I insert a graphic in a master page it looks different to one I add in a normal page. See Screenshots:

macerio, I find it a bit hard to tell what might be happening from those two screenshots (it’s always easier to diagnose a problem from a project itself than a picture) but it appears that the two graphics frames on your page, one for the background image and the other for the instrument, are appearing with a different Z-order. You can’t directly control the Z-order in which frames will appear, so it might be easier to create a combined background graphic for each layout with the instrument superimposed already.