GRATITUDE to ALL

I just made it through Advent, Christmas, Lent and now Easter with a lot more scoring to do than the ordinary year - all with a STABLE and smoothly sailing Dorico setup. Thanks and kudos to Daniel, the team and this community! :smiley:

Thatā€™s a friendly post! :slight_smile:
Butā€¦ what is Lent ā€“ for the non-Virginiansā€¦?ā€¦

Itā€™s the season of preparation for Good Friday and Easter.

Fastenzeit, as they say in Stuttgart.

I too would like to say once again how much Iā€™m enjoying Dorico. Iā€™m re-setting many of my old scores and not only am I able to do it so much quicker, but so much better! And my new projects are a delight.

Happy as a clam here too.

I made a 66(!) page worship aid booklet for Holy Week for our parish as copious translations were needed as we are a bilingual parish (trilingual if you count Latin). I set each musical snippet in Dorico as separate flows within one document. I was able to export each flow as a graphic and then set each in my publishing program. It was awesome. I didnā€™t need to have 26 different project files. Just one. Talk about saving me time!

My sweet spot has been orchestral parts. Iā€™ve been exporting all my old scores from Finale to XML as they come up in our orchestra rotation, and redoing them in Dorico. Iā€™m fairly obsessed with how they look. Beautiful.

Indeed. Things look so nice in Dorico that I sometimes re-engrave things that I donā€™t technically ā€œneedā€ to just because scores generated in other programs appear so ugly to me now. Sometimes I find modern editions of music on places like cpdl and think, ā€œhell noā€. Lol. Just like that I lose an afternoon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Happens in the blink of an eye but I love it. My choir is increasingly spoiled and I donā€™t think they have any idea how much worse it could be for them if I wasnā€™t obsessed with engraving music just for the fun of it. Iā€™ve spared them many a wretched score! (To be clear: I donā€™t mean to trumpet my own engraving as somehow the be-all-end-all of aesthetic perfection (although I do think Iā€™m getting decent at it). Dorico gives such a great launching point that itā€™s ā€œeasyā€ to make beautiful scores.)