Great Tool

Yes exactly. And I wouldn’t recommend reading large chunks of the manual all at once. But, for example, if you use the Key Editor a lot, then every so often skim over that chapter - new stuff will jump out since your last skim. Also when you are looking stuff up in the manual, glancing over a few of the preceding and following pages turns up goodies.

It’s also useful to occasionally examine some part of Cubase that you don’t really use, like perhaps the Logical Editor or MIDI Modifiers. I find a good time to do that is if I’m stuck on some artistic problem. Stepping back lets my unconscious mull the problem over while I learn something new.

I guess my caution is that it is easy to fall into a rut using the same 30 elements of Cubase and never realized that there are 30 more that you’d love to use if you only knew about them.

Since you’ve started using Cubase at version 8 (I’m assuming), you might not have looked at the C7 forums. But there is a thread over there where folks shared a whole bunch of tips and tricks.