Groove Agent 2 Installation

I had Groove Agent 2 installed on my old win7 system before it crashed, so purchased a new computer, also running win 7. When installing I have the familiar message: “There are other activated processes which distirb the installation process. Please restart the computer and repeat the installation”.

I have followed those instructions multiple times. I have copied the DVD to my desktop and deleted the Licensecontrolsetup which I found on another post, but that did not help. It looked for it and couldn’t find it.

I do have the latest version of eLicenser Control Center and Groove Agent 2 does appear in it as it should.

I just discovered that version 4 is coming out so will probably want to take a look at that. In the meantime, I was also happy with version 2 and would really appreciate any help in getting it installed. Thanks very much.

I had the same problem. You will need to copy and paste the GA 2 files manually in the VST sound folders (same as the previous installation) and also the hidden files under User/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg. Pick folder options an view hidden files to find this. You may also need to put in the GrooveAgent.dll file into the instrument folders.You may have to try several places to put the files as the install is different on versions of Cubase. I copied and pasted it in various folders using my other install for reference. It now opens with Elements 7 on my laptop with Windows 7 with full function except…I cannot get the track to record the midi input. I understand this is an issue that the upgrade fixes.