Groove Agent 3 (32/64bit) ?

I got a reply from Joao @ JBridge regarding multi-PC installation :-

Hi, Paul.

Thanks for your interest.

The license is per user, not per machine, so it’s perfectly OK to use it
in all of your machines. > :slight_smile: > Let me know if you need any more assistance.

Kind regards,

Joao

That’s a very kind and welcomed offer thank you. I will be free over the weekend if you want to take remote access. I am in the UK but not sure where abouts you are based regarding a time-zone ?

My Skype is ‘monsterjazzlicks’ (as I have two PC’s so can video chat whilst you take remote-access on my Cubase PC), and also I have Team Viewer already installed. My ID is ‘879 997 143’.

Hi Paul,
At the moment I do not have Skype installed. Well though that might be the easy way to check things out is with TeamViewer. I am pretty free this weekend too. I live in the US in the Seattle area. We are running into each other a lot as I see your posts come across in email. I got your ID but would still need the password. You could PM me with it and then set a time to meet up. I will get a world clock and see what time it is over there. I know it is or think it is night time for you now? I will take a look around and see about installing Skype.

My knowledge of Cubase is so so, but I have spent a lot of time messing with GA3. I still like the plug for a quick set of drums in Cubase, but also have Superior Drummer and am getting some pretty good Drum Tones out of that package. I will keep you posted on Skype. Voice is something TeamViewer should add. But it is nice they make it available for free.

LB

Hi LBro,

Skype is free and very easy to install (as I am sure you will already know).

The passwords for Team Viewer REFRESH every 60 x mins and so they are never the same. And as far as I remember, if your TV session runs over this duration you have to stop, refresh the password, and reconnect again. Though I don’t think I have ever had a TV session which has run over 60 x mins as yet. I was told this is from a ‘security’ point of view.

I think the UK will be around 6 x hours ahead of you in the US more or less.

Cheers,

Paul

Downloaded free ‘trial’ of JBridger :wink:

It is one of the best hacks I have ever seen. Steiny is crazy for not adding it into Cubase. But like I said, for right now we should focus on getting your present setup in 32 bit land working. Once that is going well, we can fire up jBridge.

I have one plug that is a 1.0 version and is called Broomstick Bass. It is super unstable and buggy as all get out. I think it runs better under 64 bit Cubase and jBridge than it ever did on it’s own as a 32 bit plug. jBridge is probably worth about $100 US for what it does. Imagine a person that has lots of 32 bit plugs and can’t use them on a 64 bet setup. If that is the case then jBridge is a Godsend and cheap at that.

LB

Ok, I just bought the FULL version of JBridge.

I assume I will get a LINK or something emailed to me to make the download?

Joao will email it to you very soon. He normally checks email and stuff a couple times a day. You might have missed todays run, but you should have it tomorrow if past history is any indication.

LB

Yep. I got it an hour ago cheers !

LBro,

Can I uninstall Cubase 32-bit on my PC now that we have got GA3 up and running in 64-bit via JBridge ?

Paul

I see no reason to keep it there on your drive eating up space. I also see not reason why you cannot uninstall it. I would say yeah, go for it.

LB

Will do, cheers.

Here is a video I just made discussing aspects of recording Midi within GA3, as well as Fills/Double-Time/Half-Time functions and also Audio Outputs :-

You can hear that the drum suffer from phasing/double-tracking FX during the recordings because somewhere in the routing there must be a ‘loop’ going on? But I think that during playback this unwanted occurrence disappears?

Thanks a lot guys,

Paul

Hi,
With the help of Voodoo and after trying many thing we got Jamstix 3.5 to settle down and run at about 25% peak VST Performance meter readings. It turned out I had a real low buffer setting of 128. Simply by increasing that to 256, the problem then went away and it looks pretty good on this end. Now I will say that JS3 does require more resources than say Superior Drummer 2 or Groove Agent 3. But with the buffer size change the difference is like night and day.

LB

Been having the same problem recently, after upgrading to 64-bit Cubase Artist 7.

DON’T download the demo version of jBridge. I did it, followed the instructions for “bridging” GA3. Then I opened cubase, added the location of the bridged folder in VST plugin information. When hitting “update”, I get the awful “Cubase has stopped working” message. Has happened three times so far.

Groove Agent is a Steinberg Product. So is Cubase. Why won’t “they™” make them work together?
I can record MIDI from my digital drum kit, and play it through GA, but I can’t record midi from GA and play it through GA.
And, why can’t they™ make their own vstbridge handle this?

Pissed!

I did too, and now, upon updating plugin info, I get the “Cubase has stopped working” message. Has anyone contacted Steinberg about this?
I think their own vstbridge should handle this. Both GA and Cubase are Steinberg products…

Hi Raymond,

I was informed not so long ago that Steinberg not longer offer any assistance whatsoever with GA3. This was since about 3 x months ago.

When I contacted them last year about GA3 not working on my PC, I think the answer was that it was only designed for up to WINDOWS XP (32-bit) - as far as I remember. And while they were quite aware of JBridge, they would not offer any assistance here because it was a 3rd Party product.

Best,

Paul

GA3 is still on the support list on Steinbergs website. Of course, they won’t touch jBridge. But at least, they could make their own vstbridge handle their own vst instruments!
Of course, I could use the light version of GA4 that comes with Cubase, but, I prefer the interface AND drum sounds in GA3, as I,m not a dubstep producer…

I recently upgraded my system to 64-bits. Now, I have to reinstall 32-bit Cubase, record the drum tracks there, and import them into a new project in 64-bits. Nice workflow?
I’ve contacted Steinberg about this. I’ll come back here when something helpful happens!

:confused:

Just for information:
On my system with Cubase 8 - 64 bit on Windows 8.1 - 64 bit, GA3 is still working through jBridge.
Midi Out is also working.
So I can record the Midi Output of GA 3 on a midi track in Cubase or I can route the Midi Output of GA3 to another instrument.

One weird thing is that GA3 does not appear on my system in Cubase 8 as a VST Instrument but as an Effect!
But it’s there and at least it still works :slight_smile:

Anyway I would be glad if Steinberg would make a version of GA3 that is 64-bit in order to make sure that it will work for some more years.
In my opinion GA3 has no equivalent in the simplicity of use.
GA4 is a completely different programm which has almost nothing to do with GA1, 2 or 3.
Unfortunately GA4 does not attract me at all.

Best regards

Hi Raymond,

Mmm, yes… I went thru the exact same procedure of creating the DRUM PART in 32-bit and then IMPORTING it into 64-bit. Very long winded to say the least.

Steinberg should PURCHASE the JBridge software from the creator and then implement it into their own. They are very aware of it and what a life saver it is etc. But they have no intentions of creating their OWN bridging software (going from the conversations I have had).

Ta,

Paul