Groove Agent 4 announcement

It’s compatible with AU hosts, so yes, it’s compatible with Logic: Groove Agent: VST Drum Plug-In | Steinberg

It’s not mentioned but I’m sure it will run in any 64 bit VST and AU host (Cubase has been 64 bit on both Windows and Mac OS for quite a while now).

The problem with these updates is, SOMEONE thinks they are upgrading the sounds and the original samples are gone… There are always like 1 or 2 sounds I like, and then they update and those samples are gone. Groove Agent 2 was cool, Groove Agent 3 discontinued the few sounds I loved there, now Groove Agent 4 will probably do away with the couple sounds I like there… I don’t understand the thought process of “Loosing sounds”… ESPECIALLY when you have to open an archive to find it un-playable…

Hi Paul,

the upgrade is only available for download.

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately there is no grace period update for Groove Agent 4 since Groove Agent 3 was discontinued over 18 month ago.

Shame, but thanks for the response.

£82 doesn’t seem a lot to pay for such a major upgrade anyway.

Regards

Ok MQ,

Shame but no problem.

Thanks.

Matthias,

Does the boxed version (USA) come with a printed manual?

If not, can we PLEASE get a download option for the US market?

Thanks,
E

Here is the manual… I think.

Dude, its all new samples new technique to get those samples. Not a big deal. Just use the previous GA if you like it!

Dude, you don’t know what your talking about. Totally different animal, you will see. you will love it!

A download option for Groove Agent 4, the actual VSTi plugin.

My point was that if I don’t get a printed manual in the boxed version, I might as well download the VSTi plugin.

Hi,

There is no printed manual included in the box and there will be a download option for the full version of Groove Agent 4.

I just sent you an email on this. From next Friday on the update offer will also be valid for Groove Agent 2 users. You have waited for years now so I hope another week isn’t that bad :wink:

Got it… Thank you very much…

Groove Agent 4 SE is included with Cubase 7 for free, why on earth would you think that should entitle you to a discounted price on GA4?

I’ve used Cubase since the 1990s, and owned every version of Groove Agent. Initially I was a music obsessive. Like a lot of people here, I suspect, I was in bands, living in one bedroom filled with studio gear, a supercharged desktop, a rack of outboard, a pile of analogue synths, with big dreams of music output, that were partly realised. Now I’m a dad with a job. I still make music, on my laptop, on the sofa, on trains or planes, with headphones, in stolen moments.

Last year I bought Ableton Live for the simple reason that the cubase dongle was too much hassle (and buying Logic would have felt boring, even though I’ve moved to a Mac). I kept forgetting to carry the dongle around, I didn’t have it when I had a spare hour. Then I put the dongle on my keys, for once a fortnight use. But when I’m on a train, or a plane, I don’t want my keyring full of keys splayed out across the tray table. When I’m on the sofa, I can’t be bothered to get out my keys, and have them hanging out of the laptop, especially since I’m often in my pyjamas (lol writing this I realise I’m such an old man now…). Then the plastic on the dongle broke. I fixed it with metal and superglue.

Here’s the thing. I’ve got more disposable income than ever before. I could buy GA4 without thinking about it (when I started paying for Steinberg stuff, it was a months’ outgoings). But I know because of the dongle that I’d never use it. I’ve got my laptop on my lap right now. I’ve been having really good fun with the Live studio drums pack. I thought about firing up GA3, because it’s given me so much fun over the years, but I can’t be bothered to go upstairs and get my keys from my trouser pocket.

I will pay huge amounts of money for solid, convenient music fun. I miss Groove Agent. I’m not an ipad noodler, I’m, like, an ex-semi-pro user. But I don’t have a studio desktop any more, so I’ll pay for things that let me have fun on my laptop. If you drop the dongle, like Logic, and Ableton, I’ll buy GA4, and I’ll go back to Cubase.

I wish you would.

Incidentally, I know it’s cheeky, but if anyone has any recommendations of midi drum pattern packs that will work with Ableton drum mappings, that can even begin to approach the fun of GA3, then do please let me know. Or any similar plugins that work on a Mac (without dongle!) that have similar “just start playing” functionality. I’ve played with the drummer in Logic and it’s similar and fun but much less range in terms of styles. There are times when we all need to go bossa nova.

bs

I agree, I had to pay $60.00 for Reaper so I can use it live because I’m afraid to lose my dongle. I used to keep it on my key ring with a quick release but the loop on the dongle broke adding insult to injury. Please come up with a better solution. :cry:

Hi,

Its probably not for me to say, but this matter might be better being discussed elsewhere. I did actually start a thread more or less on this issue earlier in the year :-

Its up to you(s) though and I am not a Moderator.

Cheers,

Paul