Groove Agent 4 announcement

Sorry, Groove Agent 3 was nothing like " a home organ with goofy auto-accompaniment styles and patterns. " Plus it does have major complexity control. That is an insult especially considering how much time and effort it took to create. That being said, GA4 should be off the chain!

It’s irrelevant how much time and effort it took to create Groove Agent 3. The instrument either does or does not meet customer needs. I personally didn’t have a need for it.

Each to their own I guess. If youre good at programming your own beats that’s awesome! I for one don’t have time or the vision to create beats, partly because Im a keyboard player. The best part is being able to manipulate the midi score afterwards. That’s where you can really put your personal touch on it. I do appreciate your opinion, just not the “home organ” comparison. Ive switched out samples as well to mix it up. Have a good one!

I am a jazz / blues /fusion guitar player and was happy about the various jazz related drum parts in GA3. I would llove to see more like that and as someone said earlier, easy configuration of song structures. Similar to EZdrummer 2’s new feature. Perhaps put the structure in place then let GA4 intuitively transition from section to section. (just spit balling). Just don’t forget us jazz players. We need technology as much as the Dance Music Steinberg seems most interested in.

@ Steinberg: Will there also be a special discount price for Cubase 7 (GA SE 4) owners ?? :smiley:

Stepped over from Cubase 7 to Reaper on mac.
Hope there will be Drag - Drop functionality from Reaper’s Arrange Window to GA 4 :mrgreen:

Yeah, Reaper rocks but i DO miss GA SE 4 alot …

Suppose the starting point is what GA was envisaged to be. Drum sampler it was not.
Drum accompaniment would be a better description.
Programming drums is a strength within the Cubase environment - better than most other DAWs - MO

From a step seq. point of view - I really like designer - it’s a jump off point to deep programming with the dedicated drum arrangement view. If however you’re hoping to use GA in another DAW - then I would agree more functions may be required - for example Live 9 really needs help.

The thing which GA brought to the party was “Immediacy” in a way that programming is not. That I believe is a big + that should be maintained in the next revision.

Any update on the release date for GA4?

…we are now in Q3 of 2014.

Malc

June = 3rd month of Q2

My apologies… I stand corrected!

Steinberg…next month is officially the start of Q3 of 2014…excited for the release of GA4.

… the 30th of September is also Q3 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let’s put it like this: GA4 will be released in Q3 2014, but not in September.

Lets all hold our horses!! LOL! I know, I know, I cant wait either!

Totally. That’s exactly my opinion to. And I could never program the Jazz patterns anywhere near as good as the GA3 library.

GA3 and its complexity line is certainly not cheesy! I could quite happily continue to work with that as long as GA4 has more patterns and some introductions and endings.

Yeah but from what I understand they mean LATE Q3… The good news it might be ready in time for Christmas! Those of us with wives can bend their arms and ask them for an early Christmas present.

All kidding aside I look forward to this new version and wonder how it will stack up against the likes of Superior Drummer 2.

One question I have, will it be able to write midi to host as the old version once did?

Thanks,
Lbro

Day 1 of Q3…

“Superior”… how does anything “stack up” against that! :wink:

I assume Groove Agent will be released in July or August. July having the better odds in my eyes. Halion 5 was also released in July … before the German summer vacation starts.

Day 2 of Q3…I could go on!

• 1 !!