Groove Agent in the Cubase 9 VST plugin Blacklist

Hi everybody.

Just installed the new Cubase Elements 9. Everything went well. When I had a look on the PlugIn Manager, I only saw Halion Sonic 9 SE. Groove Agent SE is currently in the blacklist.
I check the file and the .dll is in the current folder (Programs/Common Files/Steinberg/Share Components).
When I try to reactivate the plugin in the black box, Cusbase tells me that the reactivation fails and I have to contact the plugin supplier.
Already sent two tickets to the technical support. No answers.

Can somebody help me ?

Hello, I have same problem.

Also in the same boat- Groove Agent is blacklisted. Await a solution. Im a noob, not going to come up with one myself.

Same here on Cubase 9 Pro after remove preferences.
Groove Agent (full) blacklisted…trying to re-activate it crash Cubase

Are you sure it’s not just the VST2 version that’s blacklisted? The VST3 version (the one you’ve always used) should still work.

yep is the vst2 …

I thought the blacklist was for 32-bit, not to filter out VST2?

The blacklist is for any plugin that misbehaves during the scan. In the case of Steinberg’s plugins the VST2 versions are not meant to be used with Cubase, and they’ll be blacklisted if they’re scanned.

I am also haveing the same problem, Groove Agent 4 SE blacklisted (def the 64 big version) in Cubase 9 elements. Is there a way to draw drum loops without GA?

So, I unstalled my version of Cubase (Elements 9) and it automatically installed groove agent with it, and it is blacklisted again. I wasn’t offered any choices re: VST 2 or 3 so how do I get GA to run on my program?

How would I identify the different versions? VST2 vs. 3? How would I be able to select one over the other at install? The only choices I get are 32 and 64 bit- and I know Im selecting correctly there.

The VST3 version is the one that works. You shouldn’t have to do anything. Does GA4 not show up in your plugin list? It should be under the Drums category.

I never had a choice of versions, it installed automatically with Elements 9 and went straight to the blacklist. Even if I deleted it, where would I find the VST3 version and how would I identify it? I tried installing the two updates and neither of them worked, when I tried to update, was told that GA was not installed and no content was installed.

I looked in Program Files/CommonFiles/Steinberg/Groove Agent and the only dll was Groove Agent SE, didn’t say whether it was VST2 or 3…

Just try uninstalling Groove Agent SE and then run the full Cubase installer again to reinstall it.

After that install the latest update from here: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_groove_agent_se_4.html

If that doesn’t work you should contact support through your MySteinberg.

Did that. Did that.thanks

Sorry to spam but this information might help others. It appears that the Cubase LE9 and Elements 9 share the same license and the purchase of the upgrade opens features so it’s possible that by getting a free version of Cubase via purchase of a Zoom R16 that I was never entitled to GA in the first place, that seems to be the case. I was finally advised by someone in Germany that if I only put the activation code in the elicenser, that it will unlock all the Elements 9 features that already exist in my current install. However, when I added the activation code, the upgrade was declined as invalid. I am still working with Germany to rectify the situation and sent screen shots of the events in elicenser. Hopefully I didn’t mess with the program too much to cause my own damage, I have deleted and reinstalled LE9 just in case and await my new activation code. Then, I am confident that I will get GA4 and then, get to writing and programming.

UPDATE: User error (of course) - my activation code didn’t work because they deleted it when I asked for a refund. confirmed that it was the correct upgrade despite them telling me at one point that it was the wrong package. Between Yamaha/Asknet/Steinberg you get different answers for things. At any rate, original purchase refunded, re-purchased again, installed this morning. Whee! Its a go.