Groove Agent question

Hi
So I upgraded my Cubase AI into Elements and I have started using Groove Agent. Now, how can I make a beat/ pattern/groove in Groove agent? (it seems like beat designer is not available, at least I can’t find it ). Process looks like this: I press record in Cubase and tap hit hats in GA. My question is how can I add kicks or snares into beat/groove without deleting already recorded hit hats. Every time I press record button it overwrite pattern so obviously hit hats are gone. Maybe there is another simpler way ( beat designer mysteriously doesn’t appear in my Cubase)

Hi,

There are several Record modes for MIDI and Audio. You can switch them in the Transport Panel.

Are you sure Hi-Hit is gone? Isn’t it just hide under the new record as a layer? If you mouse hover over the MIDI event, are the lines over it?

Hi,

There are several Record modes for MIDI and Audio. You can switch them in the Transport Panel.

Are you sure Hi-Hit is gone? Isn’t it just hide under the new record as a layer? If you mouse hover over the MIDI event, are the lines over it?

sorry i should be more precise with my problem explanation
yes they arent gone literally
they are i separate layer
what i need is drums in one layer, dont want to create multiple patterns only for drums
thus could you elaborate more on those alternate recordings?or how can i solve this problem?
thanks

Hi,

Use Glue tool.

Hi,
Use Glue tool.

It doesn’t work. Can i use glue tool only horizontally?
i try to use vertically under designated layer but cannot proceed :cry:

Hi,

Make sure, both layers are select. Use laso (with the Glue tool; or with the Object Selection tool) to select both, before you Glue them.

ok, will try that way