Groove Agent SE and HALion Sonic SE missing all files?

I just updated Cubase Elements from 10 to 10.5. I had Elements 10 for several months, and have only used it, so far, to record things with my UR44 Interface (mic’d instruments, and guitar/bass/digital piano DI into the interface). Today I thought I’d test out Groove Agent and HALion Sonic, and I can’t get either one to work. While both are available to me to select from among my VST instruments, neither one seems to have any sound files available.

When I try try to load a kit in Groove Agent, I can see listings for various kits, but with everyone I get a message about missing sound archives, which looks like this:

Imgur

Nothing happens when it asks me to load a file.

For HALion Sonic, I don’t even see a list of instruments to pick from, but when I start up a new sample project from the hub, one which uses HALion sounds, I get an error that says some audio files are missing:

Imgur

Never having used either instrument, I’m not where to start with fixing this. Maybe they were missing in my copy of Elements 10, which I just upgraded to 10.5 with the update file – but since I never tried to use them I’m not sure.

From googling, it seems like there are a lot of people asking questions about this (at least, over the years), but sometimes it’s people with over versions, or older version of Cubase, so I’m not sure they were having the same problem.

The bottom line is that I assume there should be some relatively easy way for me to make use of the drum kits and sounds that come with GA and HALion, but how? What do I do to get the missing files installed? Should I uninstall my copy of Elements 10.5 and do a fresh install? Do I need to install something in addition to Elements, like the full versions of GA and HALion? but if so, which – there are tons of available programs in the Steinberg Download Assistant, and I have no idea whether something there will fix this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT; Well, never mind I guess, at least for now. I did a clean install of Elements 10.5, and now both GA and HALion seem to be working

Hi,

Try to install Cubase again, please.

Make sure you:

• Download Cubase Full Installer.
  • Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
  • Install from the setup.exe file (not MSI).
  • Install as administrator.