Groove Agent SE Master Tuning Question

Hi guys!

So, I have imported a sample into cubase and chopped it into slices… which i then import into Groove Agent SE with each slice being allocated to separate pads. I would like to change the key of the entire phrase i.e. all individual slices… I know I can select each pad and alter the pitch of each sample.

Is there a way to do this for all samples loaded into Groove Agent SE ?

Thanks in advance.

I don’t think there is any global tune but you can shift select multiple pads and edit them at once.

Could he take the original loop, transpose its pitch and then bring that into GA for the sliced kit?

Thanks for the replies…

GRIM… thanks… I didnt know it was possible to edit many pads together.

Stephen57… yes of course, thats another way of doing it i guess :slight_smile:

If you select more than one pad, you’ll see a red outline around controls for volume and pitch, etc. So, you can do some relative editing that way, but some settings, in some things will only change a single pad at a time. I think in that case the control surrounds don’t turn red, but I’m not sure about that. I’d have to check.

Also, Groove Agent SE4 has audio warp for loops. This can be great for assigning all kinds of material to the pads – drum loops, bass lines, vocal clips.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks Stephen57… just realised that its possible to map a sample chromatically on GA SE… and then use audiowarp to be able to play chords… what a brilliant tool!

GA SE4 is probably my favorite of all the instruments that came with the Pro 8 package. I’ve not upgraded to the Full GA 4, and the SE4 version has taken some time to learn, but the sounds and capabilities it offers are truly remarkable. The deeper I get into it, the more I like it. :slight_smile:

Yeah… i dont think i’ll be upgrading soon… there’s already more than enough for my requirements! :smiley: