Groove Agent Se, Starting

I have tried and tried to load Groove Agent Se so it will appear in an instrument track.

Can anyone give some clear directions on how to start Groove Agent SE in my Cubase Le 8 software?

Thanks.

Hi,

Add an Instrument Track. Select Groove Agent SE from the list. Done.

Thank you for the reply, Martin.
I did open an instrument track and clicked on the instrument Icon but the only two VSTs appeared in the list. Halion One and Halion SE where in the list. However, Groove Agent didn’t appear.

I went to the Steinberg site, Download section, selected Groove Agent SE 4 and installed it. During the installation I verified that the software installed completely. There were no errors. However, Groove Agent Se doesn’t appear in the instrument list.
Thanks Martin.

Hi,

Are you using 32- or 64-bit Cubase? Did you install the same (32- or 64-bit) Groove Agent?

Did you update the plug-in list after the installation?

I went to the Steinberg site, Download section, selected windows Groove Agent SE 4 and installed it. I assumed it was Windows 32-bit.

No, I didn’t try to update the plug-in list.
Thanks.

Hi Martin,
I removed GA One. I’m getting ready to install GA 4. It’s 32 Bit. Is a license available for GA4?

Thanks.

Hi Martin,
Can you tell me where I can get a GA 4 license?
Thanks

Hi,

If you want to use Groove Agent, you would need a dedicated license. Groove Agent SE license is part of Cubase license. So install Groove Agent SE and you can use it.

Thank you Soooooooooo! much Martin.

Martin,
I downloaded GA SE update 4.2.40.322 from the Steinberg download site. Is this the download you wanted me to use?

Thanks.

Martin,
I loaded the GA SE software, and I got the license error.

How do I get a license for GA SE?

Thanks

Hi,

Download Cubase LE 8 Full Installer. Uninstall your currently installed Groove Agent SE. I believe the Full Installer contain even the correct Groove Agent SE version, which you have the license for with Cubase LE 8. Install Groove Agent SE from the Cubase LE 8 Full Installer.

Groove Agent SE 4 Update cannot work without the full installer.

HI martin,
I have used the LE 8 Full Installer a couple of time. I checked the plug-in manager to see if GA shows up there. It doesn’t. GA still doesn’t appear in the VST Instrument pull down.

I also installed the GA SE update after the LE 8 installation completed.

I’m not getting any errors now.

What Am I doing wrong???

Thanks Martin.

Hey Martin
I still can’t get GA Se to connect???
What do I do now?

Thanks.

Is Cubase 8 GA SE 32Bit or 64Bit?
Thanks.

Hi,

I believe, it was both. If you are running Cubase 8 as 64-bit, go for 64-bit. If you are running Cubase 8 as 32-bit, go for 32-bit, please.

How is GA Se loaded? I can’t find the load instruction in the operation manual.
Thanks Martin.

How did you install cubase, was it from the ‘start center’ or did you click on the setup.exe in the cubase le 8 folder?
In the extracted download folder there is a folder called ‘additional content’, within that there is a folder called ‘vst sounds’ - in that folder is the .msi file to install groove agent SE. It is perhaps worth trying clicking on that to install it.

1 Like

Hi,

Problem solved… Groove Agent SE was not part of Cubase LE 8 and Cubase AI 8 licenses. It was part of Cubase Elements and higher editions (Cubase Elements 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Pro 8) only. The only drummer in Cubase LE 8 was Groove Agent One.

If I’m not mistaken, Groove Agent SE became part of Cubase LE and AI since Cubase 9.

1 Like

So, can I start using Groove Agent SE. Do I have license coverage?