Groove Agent SE4 and GA3 not in VST Inst List

Running Cubase 7.5.20 on PC core i7

Have 7.5 Cubase (complete install) on computer along with the 7.5.20 maintenance Up Date. ( 3 separate versions 6.5 and 7.0 and 7.5 are on Desktop, I like that)

It appears Groove Agent SE4 never installed with Complete CuBase Install 7.5.

*** Not appearing in the VST Instrument list and doesn’t appear after going to DEVICES–Plug-In Information and running the update list etc.

Both Groove Agent SE4 and GRV agent 3 are not showing up in Cubase 7.5.20 at ALL. GRV agent 3 is in Stand Alone Version on Desktop although.

Has anyone run into this challenge yet and discovered a FIX ?

Thanks, Ken Boome in Dallas Texas.

Cubase 7.5.20 Users:

#1.) Is anyone actually using the Groove Agent SE4 ?
#2. I did a FRESH and complete Install today from the Steinberg Web Site of 7.5 and still no GRV Agent SE4

Today is Tuesday May 27th, 2014. So I figure it’s not Vapor ware.

So I’m Curious where it is ?, and why might it not be loading onto my machine.

BTW: the old GRV Agent 3 (complete) needed to have it’s .dll file pointing to the right folder in 7.5…
So I am seeing GRV Agent 3 as a plug in within Cubase 7.5

Thank-You

Ken Boome

Dear Boome52

You should find the .dll-file for the Groov Agent 4 SE in this directory:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components\Groove Agent SE

If you can not find the .dll-file at this directory, something went wrong with the installation.
If you find the .dll-file for the Groove Agent 4 SE in this directory, It might help to reset the preferences of Cubase.
I will send you a step by step guide for resetting preferences by PM.

you can also contact me by email: info (at) steinberg.de
Just write my name in the subject line so I will be able to find your email.

cheers,

Jan

Jan Nedderman --Ken Boome–Groove Agent SE4 not appearing in Cubase 7.5.20

Hello Jan;

Really really appreciate you reaching out to me, to help me with my new Cubase 7.5.20 up grade. I am currently in an advanced class for CuBase 7.5.20 Right now at BERKLEE College of Music and need to be using it Daily. So Thank you for stepping in. I am a long time user of Cubase –actually starting w/ Notator –And all the early versions of Cubase and Nuendo.

Jan, Please send me the step by step instructions about the .dll files ASAP please that you spoke of to: k.boome@sbcglobal.net

ALSO Jan, The following issue has been fixed: My Groove Agent 3 (Stand Alone) was sitting in a Cubase 6 folder and the .dll file had to be pointed to Cubase 7.5.20. So that is working perfectly now. GRV AGENT 3 is showing up as a plug in in 7.5.20

“BUT” I have “0” Groove Agent SE4 and it is not showing up at all in my VST instruments. (7.5.20) Nor the Plug In list etc.

Here’s what Chris Dobbs told me to do: He said Ken,

#1.) Don’t up-date your version of CuBase 7.0 to 7.5 using the 7.5 update on the Steinberg Web-Site. I said “OK”
#2.) Chris said, Use the “CuBase COMPLETE Install of 7.5 …. ( So I did )
#3.) Then update 7.5 to 7.5.20 with the maintenance update 7.5.20… ( I did )

Any other insight Jan you have let me know please. I did a repair yesterday using a 5/27/2014 fresh “ISO” Complete CuBase. Running the REPAIR did not fix the (no GRV AG SE4) issue.

Thank-You very much;

Ken Boome in Dallas Texas

214-321-BOOM

Jan;

#1.) The .dll-file for Groove Agent SE4 was not in the file you mentioned, so I am assuming this means there was somekind of faulty install.
#2.) My 2 custom built Music Studio PCs have zero malware, virus protection because they only go out for Steinberg UP-Dates. “But” neither of these PC’s allow me to get even close to a finished download, they drop out time after time. I have a very robust IN/OUT internet pipe and speed. Neither do my other 3 SOA office PCs allow me to down load the “ISO” files.
#3.) But my little MAC downloads and burns the 7.5 part 1 and 7.5 part2 ISO files perfectly. That shouldn’t be the problem Jan? As then I take the ISO discs and run them on my PC.
#4.) 7.5.20 seems to run perfectly except that their is “NO” Groove Agent SE4.
#5.) Ironically there is a GROOVE AGENT SE4 update for 64 bit on my machine …
#6.) Jan, could you send me the GROOVE AGENT SE4 program and installer seperately? That should be a very large file and we could fix the issue that way.

Thank-You Ken Boome

Jan;
Would the following be possible:?

#6.) (Jan a POSSIBLE SOLUTION: ) Jan, Is it possible YOU could send me ( alone-individually) the GROOVE AGENT SE4 program and installer separately? That should not be a very large file and we could fix the issue “quickly” that way perhaps.

#7.) DropBox or better yet “WE TRANSFER” would do the job perfectly. K.boome@sbcglobal.net is the email address Jan.

PLEASE ADVISE ME—I want to stay positive about my Steinberg Studio.

Thank-You

Ken Boome
Dallas-TEXAS
214-321-2666

I.m having the same issue… what was the solution?

Hello Jan

I bought Grove Agent 4 in store. I’ve installed it. It works fine stand-alone. But I don’t see it in Cubase 5 as VST.
Groove Agent 4 Not appearing in the VST Instrument list and doesn’t appear in Plug-In Information or ReWire
Both Groove Agent 4 and GRV agent 3 are not showing up in Cubase 5.
I didn’t find the .dll-file for the Groov Agent 4 SE in this directory:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components\Groove Agent SE.
I know you know the solution to this. Can you help me?