Groove Quantize - Presets

If you have many presets, its a mess to scroll down. Also, why isn’t there folders?

Pls fix

Bj

1 Like

Model it on the Plug-in Manager with similar interface.

+1

Another problem with how this works now is that the the currently selected groove gets saved with Cubase when it should be saved as part of the Project. That way a Project would always open with the proper groove selected. Currently a Project opens with the last used groove selected which can easily be inappropriate for that Project.

1 Like

Yup, +1 for this and i think there is a few posts requesting this now. Whilst quantize has its obvious uses, Grooves need some proper love and a way of organising them. There are some amazing grooves and timings out there… but adding them into Cubase is a pain and the quantize menu becomes such a mess.

1 Like

+1

+1

This is desperately needed. It is literally the only ugly and non-usable GUI part left in Cubase.
The improvement is now requested many times over a long period. Steinbergers, do your users a favor and fix this quick, thanks!

+1

+1

+1

+++++++++1 !!!
This is archaic compared to the rest of Cubase… Come on Steinberg…!

1 Like

+1

Similar problem with the Project Logical Editor macro list mirrored from key commands:

Currently I am using Band-in-a-Box (BIAB) to listen to my initial musical ideas in different styles to figure out which way I should go ie which style matches best.

To do that, I import the the MIDI part into BIAB and apply to it different styles. When I like something, I then import it back to Cubase and then create a groove presets from it for later use.

If Cubase had the infrastructure to easily import and manage hundreds and thousands of styles = groove presets = groove quantization maps and to search for them like searching for loops and presets in the Media browser, then I wouldn’t need to use BIAB.

There are many resources to be tapped. Presets of arranger keyboards, real-time arrangers like Roland RA-90, styles created for programs like BIAB and there are even quantization packs for Cubase.

etc. etc.
There are countless style libraries on the net.

And to take the idea even further, Cubase could also implement a possibility to batch-analyse files (MIDI and/or audio) in Media Bay to extract from them quantization maps and to automatically tag them with information like genre, duration, time signature, with/without swing etc.

Hey Clark would you sell your collected quantizing presets?

Hi soundcollector,
I’m not sure about selling these - don’t know what the legal situation is because I lost track which are from my own sources and which are from client project files - therefore, if in doubt, better not to sell.
Sorry mate!