Groove templates - is there a limit to how many you can have?

I have some midi groove templates which I have been adding to Cubase - all goes well until I get a certain number - around 60 - then the quantize panel refuse to save any new templates I add to it. Even deleting existing presets to make room doesn’t seem to fix the problem. Am I missing something here?

While I’m here - has anyone had any experience in installing .grv files from DNA. There seems to be no obvious way of doing it, so I’m using the midi versions of the templates instead.

Hmm, not sure, but it sounds like there may well be a limit. Probably due to there being no way of adding folders, unlike ArpacheSX etc which is really quite annoying. I love using groove templates and started porting a few across from various sources before realising there is no folders and hence it becomes a real mess when you open the quantize panel…

That’s odd that you can’t even delete and add new ones though. Seems you found a possible bug…

I found there is no limit - it’s just that I was adding templates which had different grooves, but also different sub-grooves - all of which had the same name as the subgrooves of the the other main groove categories and were therefore just replacing existing sub-grooves of the same name, giving the appearance of nothing being added. This is where folders would be VERY useful.

I’ve been preaching for a proper groovepool since a while now…

some things are so logical as musicians working with the tools that companies / coders sometimes are blind to…

Yeah, i posted in the Features forum a couple of weeks or so back now about wanting some organisation with the Quantize and Groove Pool panel.
Groove quantize is such a powerful tool and it def needs way more love. I have grooves from a multitude of different devices and places, yet i’ve not bothered adding them all yet because the window and list grows to a crazy size and becomes unusable…