GrooveAgent Causes Crash (eLicenser) 9.5

Hello!

Setup: UR22mkII/Cubase 9.5 Pro/Windows 10 Laptop purchased in 2017

Background: Took laptop out of province to jam with friends. Attempted to hook Cubase up to Focusrite Scarlett 3rd Gen, installed drivers for said. Cubase didn’t open, couldn’t get it to work. Upon return to home, set up Cubase again, urII. Unable to open session(project), caused crash upon loading of GrooveAgent, but errors followed for all VST (mainly Halcion). Final error said eLiscenser could not recognize GrooveAgent. In an empty session, creation of GrooveAgent instrument track caused crash.

Uninstalled and reinstalled (all components, including eLiscenser software). Created empty instrument track (GrooveAgent) successfully. Closed session, tried to open previous session, caused crash upon loading of audio track (found that odd) but also got VST errors seen previously. Went back to create new empty session, crashed upon creation of GrooveAgent track (as though the attempt to open an older session “triggered” the eLiscenser malfunction.

Error1:

“Application ‘Cubase Artist 9.5’ has caused the following error: An unknown interapplication communication error occurred. In case the problem persists, please close all applications and restart your computer.”

I have three screenshots but am only permitted one!

That’s it in a nutshell!

Thanks! :construction_worker_man:

EDIT: There was no game or any major program running at the time: I use the Logitech software for mouse profiles.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Please download and install the latest versions of all components. I don’t think .20 was the latest update of Cubase 9.5.

1 Like

Thank you!

During the installation when it looks for updates it crashes. Where do i get up to date components, and by components do you mean all of the items listed in the installer? And will I use the installer to remove them all?

Thanks!

Hi,

You can find the updates either on the web page or in the Steinberg Download Assistant. I would install all as administrator.

I would install at least Cubase and Groove Agent updates. The best would be install all updates.

You don’t have to uninstall it before.

Hello!

Thanks again :+1:

Started download assistant. Error:

Went to website, downloaded updates for Cubase 9.5

No option to update GrooveAgent, only Content Updater, Cubase 9.5…50 Update, HALion Sconic SE. After update was asked for activation code. After code provided, told no license to upgrade, with two licenses listed, greyed out. Started Cubase again, crashed upon creation of VST instrument track. Not sure if the updates were applied.

Note: before update attempt creation of VST track was followed by a long pause before the error pop up. Post-update, it was the same for the first VST track but I created another with HALion and the pop up was instant.

Also, the inability of Cubase to update itself is a sign of larger problems, maybe?

Thank you so much for your help and I hope it continues!

There is no official support anymore for Cubase 9.5 I am not sure, but that could simply be the reason.

Do you use the Steinberg Download Manager? Normally this takes care of the whole process.

Direct DIY link:Cubase 9.5 Updates and Downloads | Steinberg

Hi! Thanks for pitching in!

As described in my last post, the download assistant cannot connect to the server. And during the installation when Cubase attempts to find updates it also fails to do so. When I talk about Cubase’s inability to update itself, this is what I am referring to.

Also, as described in my last post, I did download and apply the updates manually, and the results are in my last post.

Thanks so much! Now there’s three hard hats! :construction_worker_man: :construction_worker_man: :construction_worker_man:

I’d try logging out and then logging in again.

Solution:

I downloaded the trial version of Cubase 12 and in the process it fixed Cubase 9.5 (presumably through update).

It did also update Halion, though. Will I loose access to that after the trial has expired?

Thanks!

Hi,

If you installed HALion or Groove Agent version you will not have a license for, you will not be able to use it after.

I have a license for HALion that I got when I bought Cubase 9.5 Pro. But when I downloaded the Cubase 12 trial version HALion changed, presumably updated to a new version. Will I still have access to it after he trial ends? I do have a valid license for the previous version that came with 9.5.

Thanks!