Group Editing Incorrect Lane Problem

Hello all.
I am working on a project with multitrack drums and having issues with group editing. I have made sure all my tracks have the same lenghts and the lanes are open on all tracks that I am working on but I will for no apparent reason get the dreaded “Tracks in this folder are not in sync, group editing might fail message”. What happens is strange, when I try to use the comp tool to switch to a different take there will be for example 1 or 2 tracks out of 16 that will swtich to the wrong lane.

E.g. I have 16 tracks and have takes 1-4 in lanes 1-4, I will use group editing and the comp tool to change from take 1 to take 2, 14 out of 16 tracks will switch to take 2 correctly but one or two will switch to take 3. I have even made the lenghts of tracks different per each lane so that Cubase wouldn’t “confuse them” as having the same lenght, no luck. Tried reimporting and changing file names, no luck. Does anyone else have this issue? any possible fixes?

Thank you all!

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Trying to edit multi-track drums with group editing. I have put all takes in different lanes for each track - there are 12 drum takes, each with separate mics for Kick, Snare, Overheads, etc. I’ve grouped everything in a folder and made sure everything is the right lenght and all lanes correspond to each take, but when I switch from one take to the other, 8 out of 10 tracks behave the same, but two just go to very odd places. Example: I change from take 1 to take 2 and every track does it except for Kick Drum and OH Left, which go to take 4 (?).

This is really annoying and I don’t know how to work around it… Have you figured anything out?

1 Like

Hello from the future,

Still experiencing similar problems. Anyone on what causes this?

best regards

I’ve solved this problem! As long as your files are laned in the right order (e.g 1, 2, 4, 7, 8 etc.) compared with the other tracks, you can create a new audio track and move the files there, then replace the old track with the new one.

I had made an error when importing some drum tracks, and when I corrected with a few new files, the lane switching then wouldn’t select the right lanes compared with the other tracks in the folder.

Also found that when this didn’t work, using the comp tool and selecting the lanes in the order they were listed in, one after the other, got them properly synced up. You have to go through every single lane and click them with the comp tool, from the first to the last lane for every single track in the folder. Very laborious but it fully solved the problem for me