Grouping tracks to a dedicated track.

Hi all

I’m trying to send a group of brass tracks in an orchestral piece to an EQ in Cubase artist 10.5. I created an FX track, put the eq plugin into it, went into my mixer and under “sends” I sent the tracks I wanted to that FX track. The problem is it plays all the tracks I selected plus the FX track so I’m hearing a doubling up of sounds, the original and the eq. Is there a way to send a group of tracks to an FX track where the tracks ONLY can be heard on the FX track? I’m trying to group tracks for eq rather than putting an eq plugin on every single track. I’m not sure if this is an Artist limitation or if I’m going about it the wrong way.

Create a group (or if you absolutely have to - an FX channel) route the ouputs of the desired tracks to the group (as opposed to using sends). OPr from the mi console select all tracks → right click add group channel to selected tracks (if that´s available in Artist).

you should search the help files (manual) for group channels and FX channels

it is very helpful to understand the differences between insert and send FX
and the abilities to combine some channels for mutual processing

and why are you insert an EQ on an FX?

Yeh I can do it in artist, thanks!

I’m still learning how to use cubase, I was confused between folders, fx group and creating group tracks.

that’s why I suggest to read the manual

Sending all your tracks to a group is the best way but you can also (on all the tracks going to your FX track) set the sends to “pre fader” and pull the fader down.

“and why are you insert an EQ on an FX?”

I was answering your question. In any case I learnt more in less time youtube-ing it than I did trying to learn from that manual.

I was answering your question. In any case I learnt more in less time youtube-ing it than I did trying to learn from that manual.

not all is covered in Youtube videos
to keep the manual in mind is still a good idea
it offers some explanations and schematics

and of course practicing is the best way to learn

Rock on