Grouping

I’ve being trying to figure out the grouping function and have a question:
I have two clips, each on a separate track. How do I group those two clips together so that I can cut them both at the same time? I can group them and move them around etc, but I can’t figure out how to perform a simple edit across both of them at once.

Thanks,

Gary

If you click on one, the two clips are selected. Then the Delete command will remove these 2 clips.
But the Group command is not for all functions. What you do on a clip is not reflected on the other.

Hi Philippe,

That’s too bad. Each of my two clips represents two mics of a four microphone array. What I was hoping to do was remove some noises by editing them out, but I wouldn’t risk it unless I could operate on both clips simultaneously. It’s absolutely imperative that the two clips stay exactly in sync.

Gary

I do a lot of four-channel ambisonics editing, and in that situation I just cut all the clips at the cursor. There’s no harm in having a redundant cut in the clips you’re not editing so long as you don’t move anything by mistake. (I turn off default fades to avoid confusion, as well.)

Alternatively, maybe you could move the clips to edit elsewhere, and then bring them back, using the snap to clip to re-align them.

Paul

Hi Paul,

How do you cut all of the clips at once without moving the cursor?

gg

In the montage main menu:
Edit | All tracks | Split at cursor position.

You can assign it to a keystroke, of course, but I stick to mouse operations, mainly. You can also add it to a toolbar, which I have done.

Paul

Hi Paul,

That’s what I need! Thanks for the tip.

gg