GUI not loading

I’ve been having this reoccurring issue where the fx plugin gui doesn’t load. I’m not really maxing out my system, it’s a Q6600 quad core with 3gb running on Windows XP 32bit with Cubase Studio 5. Task manager showed Cubase memory usage circa 500mb last time when this happened and other system processes are obviously using some memory but it’s all well under 3gb. Last session I only had 3 audio tracks running about 2-3 plugins on each track and I tried to load bootsy baxter eq and it wouldn’t. It’s ridiculous, any tips on how to tackle this?

ps I contacted customer support and they came back with a “could be ram” answer. I can think of a hundred could be’s!!

bumpage

Could be a ram issue is probably a good answer.

You need to see how much of the 3GB is used by peripherals to see what’s left for an app. Start-Run msinfo32 is how. Report back.

This is the readout just as the session started messing up.

Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.07 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 5.32 GB

1.07 GB available, so it’s not memory?

It is memory. Cubase reserves 500MB for housekeeping tasks and your project is using the rest. Adding the 3GB switch might help, Google for instructions. Make sure to add a line to the boot.ini and not modify the first so if there’s issues, you can still boot and remove the switch.