[GUI Request] Mixer

BTW…
but please steinberg! NEVER such ugly thingy like in PT = yuk:

because more than 50-60 colorful tracks of this makes me feel very sick. even if it is clearer for the eyes.
I do NOT want such a extreme colorful toy mixer.

I think, we need other solutions like “color code fader cap” as already mentioned.

We are well on the way with the professional and darker looking c6 - thanks again for C6 Steinberg!

I tried to photoshop it - got quite close I think?
cubaseaudio.jpg
P

Great Scot I think you have got it… lol :slight_smile:

What about this - very clear, professional greyish look, only the most necessary:

I think this is a good compromise from any suggestions.

And what do you think of this mixer?
looks classy, extensible, easy to operate, sounds good! (including usb and firewire connections)

Brilliant! …for 6 channels.

But perhaps, speakers could be color coded? :laughing:

Centralmusic
This one looks more “professional”!
CementMixerM2439.jpg

Come on, you posted an image from PT 6 or 7, it’s PT 9 now, and PT9’s mixer has better workflow than Cubase’s one IMO. And BTW coloring channels in PT is an OPTION, you can have your 60 grey channels if you like them in PT as well. This is the key point.

It’s not about making it ugly or nice looking, it’s about organizing a mixing session.

Here’s a video of an example of using PT8’s mixer :

I don’t like dual panners one bit, so PT = not for me.

What about a mixer which can be maximized to fit the screen?
So FX Inserts and Send´s could be visible at once??

yes, being able to see and use inserts and sends at the same time would save me a lot of clicking when I’m working. :unamused:

What we need is an active channel strip that floats on top and changes to what ever channel is selected. A bit like the one you get with Yamaha studio manager for cubase and the O2R96 family of mixers.
studio manager.jpg

It’s a bit like when you click the little “e” in the channel strip (“edit channel settings”). It would be a little step forward if we could open several “e” windows at the same time.

From what I know when you open “edit channel settings” on one track and then try to open it on another track, the first window closes. :neutral_face:

Yes what happens with the studio manager channel strip, the channel jumps to what ever has been selected so no need to click the “e”. For people with multi monitor screens the channel could be open at all times. Not really that user friendly with just one monitor as you would have to use “e” to save space, but for 2 or 3 screen very good to have.

It would be a little step forward if we could open several “e” windows at the same time.

You can open as many as you like at the same time…hold down alt key.
Been like this since forever but it doesn’t offer any advantage imo.

Sorry, this is known to me. (and we use PT 8 HD (!) together with Cubendo, but I personally prefer Cub´)
My proposal was all about color coding the whole (!) channel strip - that was perhaps not quite so clear ( I´ve just found no other small matching image of PT8/9´s mixer)
Well, I think it’s very ugly to have all the channel units colorful like in PT 7,8,9. Even you can adjust the color intensity.
BTW: it is clear that PT´s mixer has better (the best!!!) workflow… ( unbeaten until today)
However, it´s absolute a great advantage to have everything in one glance without having to switch. No Discussion.
In this regard we hope for improvements in forthcoming cubase versions!!!
But… (!) I love the darker C6 GUI more than PT9!
Fact. (for me)

C.

Yes. It will be supplied 2 waterproof felt pens.
And there´s the option to change brightness or contrast of the mixer GUI simultaneously in one go (!) by adjust only your monochrome CRT - a big advantage over today’s DAWs with it´s infinite boring and annoying color settings and the discussion about it in dubious forums…

:mrgreen:

Yeah, that’s pretty funny. The ability to have a floating strip has been there forever. Plus you can have as many of them open as you like.

The one time I do use the multiple floating strips is while mixing. I always want the selected channel in one of the floating strips. I want the master out to be static in the other. I can turn off ins and outs on the main mixer that way. Works perfect in a window set.

Not all channels are created equal.

Thanks for the info, didn’t knew that :blush: