GUI - Well done!

The difference is night and day… literally :laughing:

I don’t even care what your opinion is, it’s undeniably easier to read. I have good vision.

If you switch between the two pictures in a picture viewer, you can literally feel your eyes go in and out of focus.

new high-res comparison attached.

It’s undeniable, “ugly” or not. It’s like asking if you can see a big girl standing in the middle of the road better than a skinny one - it wouldn’t make ‘sense’ to say it’s easier to see the skinny one. :laughing: That doesn’t mean you find the big one more attractive (or maybe you do, big girls (and guys) need love to).

Sorry but it’s just better, design 101 guys. I do both btw, audio and graphic design.

It’s critical issues like this that got Gulliver tied up by the lilliputians!

Get a life

LOL. :unamused:

I do graphic design and photo editing too (!) professionally.

I hope you know Photoshop/Premiere etc., then you realize why all of Adobe´s GUIs are dark… (…)

BTW, I prefer your second Screenshot (NON inverted)

Kind regards,

C.

…nevertheless, we should not waste our time with such banalities. (…)
Noteworthy that some users are more interested in the color schemes than the new wonderful N10 features…
But that says a lot.

C.

Same with Cubase 10. HORRIBLE interface. It looks like a game or a Garage Band for Hip-Hop. I came back to version 9.5 or Pro Tools. Why always change what is good?

It’s a difference in visual sensitivity. It exists. The one who is insensible does not understand the one who is sensitive. Me, I can not work 8 hours on an interface like the 10. What is needed, since people are different, is to leave the choice. The 9.5 was fine, the 9 left even more freedom on the interface. The 10 is the smallest in possibility. It would be necessary to be able to choose, simply, to widen the freedom of comfort, not to impose on each version different things.

More GUi color/brightness/etc … preferences are coming with the next update.
And I think you already can get far with tweaking the current parameters.
As far as I remember you should be able to make N10 look exactly like N8 or N2.
Been a while since I’ve played with the parameters though … I can be mistaking.

Fredo

NU2 (or even 5)? Errrr … no. This would mean to return to a visually “quiet” GUI without stuff flickering nervously as soon as the cursor touches things on fly-by. cough, cough ProT**ls … :unamused:

I don’t like export window now. You must open several options when in N8 you could see all the settings at one sigh, and name of file was highlighted when you opened window.

The “detect silence” window now looks smaller and waveform is not as smooth as before. You can zoom but, why don’t can resize window to get the desired size?

Same in track settings window, now is not resizable.

For adjust for example the pre-roll setting, in N8 you simply put the cursor over the number you want to change and with mouse wheel you modify it. Now you have to select it I don’t know how because with right click you open the tool dialog and select name at same time :astonished: Then you click outside tool box and can change the number… uf, lots of clicks.

Looks better here. All text is clearer to read. I use dual monitors 1920x1080 resolution.

Thanks SB

The export window will change in one of the next maintenance releases.
There was no time to have it completed for the initial N10 release.
A few things in the current layout are completely unlogical and contra-intuitive.

Fredo

I actually like the export window now. It’s smaller, and after spending a little time getting to know it, it’s a pleasure

White text on dark background is Indeed easier to read in high light viewing conditions. .
However reading text is not what I do when working in Nuendo.
And most sound for video folks do not work in a high light level situation as that makes it hard to see the picture. Mostly we work in low light level situations.

Have you ever tried iBooks or similar reading apps?
Tried the night mode for low light level reading?
What does night mode do?
Invert black and white to make it easier on the eyes in low light level reading situations…

Personally I much prefer the dark gui look compared to PT. PT destroys my night vision.

We all see things differently.

Uf, thanks for the reply Fredo. I work all time in very different kind of projects and the export settings must be changed for every one. I need to see all the settings at one sight.

To all guys be bitchin’ about the new GUI 2 things:

1. You can brighten it up all you want in the prefs.
  2. Professionals who work to picture cherish dark GUIs. The first thing I used to do in new versions of Nuendo is darken everything. So I personally, and lots of other folks I’m sure who use Nuendo for a day’s work, are quite happy.

+1.

ditto.

Hopefully the export window becomes resizable as well like it was in N8.
The size of the cycle marker selection in the export window is smaller than before and if you have lots of similar names markers that are only different towards the end you can’t tell the difference. You can’t even scroll horizontally across the cycle marker names.

Also bugs me that Channel Settings window can no longer be resized either. It used to be in N8. Hopefully that’s another one on the to be fixed list.

And while I’m at it, in the markers window if you press the up and down arrow to select a different marker it also changes the selected track in the background and you can no longer press enter to edit the marker name.

On the plus side I really like the darker interface overall, just feels a little unfinished and buggy.

Now THIS is good news!

Good point.

Now I expect from a professional product / company to find and solve the root cause, to deliver a certain continuity
for all customers to make it possible to upgrade and work free of any stress.