Guitar Amp Classics - Question about usage.

Just bought a UR28M. Would like to check out the Guitar Amp Classics, but don’t know how to access.
Do I need to be running Cubase? I use Logic X.
Can’t seem to find these plugins anywhere. I’ve installed the UR28M ver 2.0 software and drivers which I downloaded from Steinberg.

Thank in advance!

Frank

Hi There

If you run the control panel of the UR (dspMixFx_UR824.exe)if you click where it says Ch.Strip you will get a drop down menu where you can select which amp you want. It doesn’t matter that you are using Logic, also remember these are not plugins, they run native as part of the UR’s firmware and don’t use any of your PC’s Cpu, which is really nice of course:-)

Best Regards

Dave

Ah… I see how this works now. One last question, seem the reverb does not get recorded. I can record the clean, crunch, lead etc tones but not the reverb. just wondering?

Hi Frank

I usually use the reverb for giving the performer a little in the cans as it is a “Send” only. The compressor in the channel strip DOES get recorded as it’s an “insert”, the reverb is a send however, therefore you would have to record the reverb return signal, I am quite sure that there is a way of doing this, but I’m not at the machine atm so I can’t have a look.

Best Regards

Dave

I have been trying to figure out how to access the Guitar Amp Classics. I have a UR44 running on 64 bit Windows 7. When I run dspMixFx everything works fine, until I click the channel strip and try to select an amp. Then dspMixFx locks up. CTR-SHIFT-Esc breaks out of that menu. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can access GAC? Is there an alternative for running dspMixFx besides an installation of Cubase?

Does it matter that I haven’t installed Cubase AI? I’m running Reaper (and I’m a newby at that too), which is more in line with my pro-sumer ambitions (price and capabilities, and I do have programming experience). Maybe there is an essential driver in Cubase?

I’d really, really like to access Guitar Amp Classics in Reaper. But I’d just like any way I can, to access them and be able to record at least one track at a time.

Thanks if anyone can help me with this.

Hi There

Frankenbike

I use an UR824 which is similar to the UR44 and also uses the dsp software. I use Cubase 7.5 but I have REAPER on that machine, just tried it out now with one of the channels set to “lead” and it worked fine, recorded no problem, so there must be some conflict that is causing your dsp software to crash.

Best Regards

Dave

Got it working. I have to click on the Ch Strip and then use the arrow on my keyboard to scroll down, and then hit return. Then it worked. If I click on the option with the mouse, it locks up the interface, and doesn’t give the effect.

Now that I’ve got it working, it’s fantastic. Now my problem is bypassing the headphone out of the dspMixFx, so I get only the headphone out of Reaper.

Solving one problem at a time. Sometimes you have to know if your expectations are not inline with reality, and you telling me it’s supposed to do what I expected made me double down trying everything.

Thanks so much for your help.

Hello! I have UR28M and last installed drivers. I using Guitar Amp Classics pack as vst plugins in Cubase 8. But I can’t understand - they are free or not? When loading plug-ins window appears with information:
“The license for application ‘GA Classics - CLEAN’ will expire soon.”
Thanks if anyone can help me with this.

Problem solved. I just needed to reactivate the license.
Thank You for your attention.

Hi. I have cubase le from a line6 amp i got and i was wondering if i have the license for ga classics

Hi.

The license for the GA Classic is part of the Basic FX Suite which is bundled with some UR type audio interfaces (and probably some other Steinberg interfaces). I have the UR824 and it came with them. The Cubase LE license bundled with other items such as yours won’t include that GA of Basic FX Suite license as the software is very closely intergrated into the functionality of Steinberg interfaces…

just to clarify does that mean that i have of dont have the license

Hi
It means that you don’t have a license for the plugins.

okay thank you