Guitar bends not working

Hi,

when I click on guitar bend it doesn’t work, basically nothing happens. even typing bend does nothing. what is the problem?
I created a new project a guitar with tab and I can’t get it to work! the Whammy bar doesn’t work either.

Have you entered both the bent-from and bent-to notes? Try creating, say, a G followed by an A. Then select the G and either click the bend line in the Guitar section of the Ornaments panel, or using the Shift+O popover, type bend and hit Return.

Please consult these pages in the Operation Manual for complete documentation on creating special guitar notations:

Thank you for your reply. I tried that and it worked, now I know that I have to write the target note as well. I’m trying to switch from Guitar pro to Dorico and I found it very difficult to write for guitar.

I checked the documentation and it only explain what are the different types of bends for example rather than examples that I can follow and learn.

I still haven’t figured out how to write these 2 bars in Dorico. (Pre-bend, released and pull-off)

I wish there was a comprehensive course. I still have 50 days left on my trial and I’ll see if I can actually learn to write in Dorico or I have to stick to Guitar Pro.

Searching guitar bends in the on-line documentation (accessible from the Help menu) goes here, which seems to include plenty of visual examples.

And then, at the bottom of the article, the “inputting” links lead one to the ways one can implement them.

1 Like

Hi Aydin,

I think you want something like this:

bend examples.dorico (573.3 KB)

Pre-bends are set in the properties panel.

1 Like