Guitar fingering top/bottom

Maybe I miss s.t. but:

If I choose in the engraving-options that p and i,m are always on top (I,m on top, p on the head side ) that is simply not realized.
p is bottom and i,m is top.
I want both on top by default (I,m on top and p on the head side).
2 voices with stem up and down.

I had to do the workaround and set it with the property vertical placement active.

I think in fact the problem here is that the option doesn’t do exactly what it says it does: it actually determines whether the thumb fingering goes above or below the staff, rather than on the notehead or stem side, based on whether another voice is active. I’ll update the description of the option to make its actual function clearer. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Yes for the description I was already wondering: why so complicated?

But in this case the description is in tune with my voices.
Voice1: stems up
Voice2: stems down

So even with the corrected description it doesn’t work.
I want all the right hand fingering (p,i,m,a) on top of the staff.

I only get this when I explicitly turn on the vertical position property for each note. Shouldn’t this work automagicly without this adjustment?

(Another problem is how this fingerings are forwarded to other layouts/parts. Is this formatting global?)

Edit: I just tested it for 2 notes in one voice and it works (p,i on top).
But if I have 2 notes in 2 voices (stem up, stem down) it works not.

You want the right-hand fingering above the staff regardless of whether the note is in an up-stem or down-stem voice? Or something else?

The placement property is layout-specific, so it won’t apply to other layouts: you can use Edit > Propagate Properties to propagate that change through to other layouts. You’ll need to be in Engrave mode to do so.

Yes. All right-hand fingering on top, regardless of the stem direction.
When I put the down stem note into a 3. voice with up stems it works too. Seems to be bound on the stem direction…

Ahh, that is interesting with the property propagations…I will experiment with this feature…

In the moment I follow this procedure to bring the right hand fingerings § of the down-stem voice to the top of the staff:
I follow the down-stem voice and make a Shift-f then down cursor and p.
After that I mark all the down-stem notes (filter) and switch the vertical property.
Is this (in this version) the preferred way to put the p’s of the down-stem voices to the top of the staff or do I miss a configuration possibility?

In future there should be the possibility to have a default placing for i,m,a, and a default placing for p, completely independent from stem direction.

You should find that you can flip the right-hand fingerings by selecting them in Engrave mode and hitting F.