Guitar Rig 4 and Cubase 6

Hi.

I have Cubase 6.0.7 and the NI Komplete package which has Guitar Rig 4 in it. Previously I had Guitar Rig 3 there. 3 works in Cubase 6, but 4 just hangs the session if you try and insert it on an audio track. I’ve updated the 4 to the latest version in the NI Service centre and can’t find anything on the NI forums - I was wondering if anyone from the Cubase side had had issues with this and found a solution?

Ta!

Huge. x

I am currently on C6.5 and Komplete 8 (Guitar Rig 5). But not long ago I had Komplete 6 (GR 4) with C6 working well. So, I am fairly certain it should work. Not sure why it doesn’t work for you. Maybe try hiding all the other plugins temporarily or checking the blacklist.
HTH
J.L.

Hi,

No problem with Cubase 6.0.7 and Guitar Rig 4 on Mac OS X 10.7.4.

Are you using 32- or 64-bit Cubase?

(If you check my sign, this is not in mine studio.)

GR4 + Win7 here. All seems fine too.

I’m using the 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine as half the old plugins don’t work on 64 bit

There, I suspect, lies your problem. GR4 64-bit works here with no problems whatsoever in C6.5.3 64-bit on Win7x64. I no longer have any 32-bit versions of anything (just lucky there are 64-bit versions of everything I need now!).

This was indeed my problem. The GR4 was the 64 bit version. Uninstalled and chucked on the 32 bit version and it works. Thanks for the prompt. :slight_smile: