Guitar Strum with downward arrow

Hi all,

I’m having a problem that I can’t seem to fix. I’m trying to create a strummed section of a piece with up and down strums indicated with the usual wiggly lines with arrows on either end showing the direction of the strum.

I’ve made a simple score to show the problem. Even though the first strum is set as a down strum in the arpeggio type properties the arrow is pointing up near the bottom of the wiggly line. The second chord is set as up strum which works just fine.

Slice 1.pdf (9.7 KB)

I’ve tried changing the length of the line, looked in the Engraving Options to see if there’s a setting I’ve missed, but I can’t see what I’m doing wrong. Any help anyone can give would be very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Michael

Hi Michael, this is due to a change in font glyphs in Bravura between 3.1 and 3.5 - have a look at this thread: 3.5 Down arpeggio with arrow has a messed up arrow, in any font other than Bravura and make sure you’ve got the latest version of Bravura installed, and installed for all users (if you’re on Windows).

Thank you Lillie, all fixed now. I’m sorry for not finding the thread you referenced, I did search the forum but unfortunately that one didn’t come up.

Many thanks again for your help.

Michael

That’s OK Michael! Glad it’s sorted.