Guitar TAB - fret numbers in the spaces.?

Hi all,

Have just been asked about whether Dorico can place fret numbers in the Tablature to appear in the spaces (not on the strings)…? Don’t know, was my immediate reply. So, had a look through the manual (and run a forum search) and couldn’t see any reference about allowing this.

Small (5-string) banjo example from elsewhere:-
TAB - frets in spaces

Not sure its something many would be interested in… Thoughts anyone.?

(Just an FYI:- looks like even latest Guitar Pro 8 doesn’t accommodate this, but Finale and Musescore already do. Don’t know about Sibelius…)

This isn’t something that Dorico can do at the moment, I’m afraid. When we return to work on tablature to handle lute tab, we will need to change the position of the tab numbers (normally letters in lute tab, in fact), so we could add this as an option for numeric tab as well at that point.

1 Like

> (Just an FYI:- looks like even latest Guitar Pro 8 doesn’t accommodate this, but Finale and Musescore already do. Don’t know about Sibelius…)

Sibelius does and uses ‘standard’ Renaissance French tablature (also used in England).
This uses lower case letters of the alphabet and also rhythm flags (like the stem and flag of modern notation.)
I look forward to when this appears in Dorico…

1 Like