Guitar Tab with fingering?

German below :wink:

Is there a way to display the fingering not (only) in the notation but (also) in the tablature?
(Dorico 3.5)

Thank you very much,
Hartmut

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, den Fingersatz nicht (nur) in der Notation sondern (auch) in der Tabulatur anzuzeigen?
(Dorico 3.5)

Vielen Dank,
Hartmut

Hi, the only way that I’ve found to do that is to create technique playing, as for pick motion etc… the only problem that case, you have to adjust them manually.

Welcome to the forum, @Jack231, and thanks for your reply. You’re correct that there’s no way to do this automatically at present.

Is this still the case with the newest version of Dorico?

Yes, indeed it is: fingering does not appear in tablature, only in regular staff notation.

Just out of interest: Could someone post an example of what that would look like? I imagine a boatload of numbers… :thinking:

Cheers, Benji

Sure, this is for banjo, but the same thing here. For my purposes I mostly need just the right hand fingerings so that’s letters, but for the left hand the row of numbers above the notes might get confusing? Maybe not if they’re above the staff and in the circles like they often are? I use the lyrics row as a workaround, but it’s got it’s peculiarities like some extra lines that occur between the letters sometimes…

Cripple Creek -Simple Scruggs book.pdf (300.7 KB)

2 years gone so how about now? Can you use fingerings on TAB on the newest version?

BTW, the easiest workaround I’ve found for right hand fingerings (like on Cripple Creek) is to input them as lyrics. You can add verses for chords, and this works for simple educational material ok. With bigger chords it’s a waste of space obviously.

I’m afraid there have been no changes to the interoperability of fingering and tablature since your last post on this topic, sorry!