Guitar track monitoring shows a signal, but the signal doesn't get to Overloud TH2 and no sound is heard

I have a situation that is driving me mad.
I use M-AUDIO M-TRACK 2X2 to connect a guitar to Cubase LE 9.5 in which the guitar is sent to TH2 (which is an insert). (Connecting through USB 2 - as said in other places. Works better then USB 3).
I make a new audio track, route the right input to it. In that track, the monitoring in Cubase shows that the line responses adequately - there is a signal from the guitar. But I can’t hear it through headphones that are connected to the M-TRACK!
Inside TH2, the sound also doesn’t register. As if there is no line-in. And there is no line-out signal. Yet, when I record sound (without hearing it), it does record with TH2 (I tried to change the effect - and the tone changes!) And can be heard on playback!

When I play through TH2 alone (not through Cubase) I do hear the guitar (still using the M-TRACK).
What can it be?

While recording do you have the track “Monitor” function enabled? You need to have it enabled to hear when recording and disabled to hear during playback.

Regards :sunglasses:

I got it enabled, I got it disabled - no sound. Not while recording, not while just playing without recording “on”. The only time there is sound is when I play what I already recorded.
I sort of think like this:
when it goes to: Cubase > TH2 > out – there is no sound
when its Cubase playback – I hear sound, AND CAN CHANGE THE GUITAR EFFECTS WHILE IT PLAYBACK AND HEAR IT.
So it goes: Cubase playback > TH2 > out.
And I have to somehow stick TH2 between line in and line out. Which is where is should be when I use “send” right? But somethings not working here…

Maybe you have ASIO direct monitoring enabled.

Solved:
As it turns out (and as mentioned by Grim in the message above) I had “direct monitoring” enabled in:
“Studio>Studio setup…>VST audio system>M-Audio M-Track ASIO 2x2”.
Unchecked the box and sound appeared.