Guitar track phasing

This is driving me crazy, please help!I am working on a project that is mostly midi (Halion 5) I record guitar tracks (mono) right into my UR28m at a slower speed and time stretch it to the end tempo. I have recorded 4 parts this way. 2 are fine, and two are phase shifting, real wide sweeps. I have tried reversing phase on the channels, on the master, on the e-piano track, on the drum master track to no avail. I also have PSP’s Sync plug, but have to delay a side to a un-usable degree to get it to stop. I have been troubleshooting this every day for a month, re-recording everything 4 times.
Please help! :cry:

You tried a bunch of tried and true ways to reduce/eliminate the phasing but had no luck. When this happens to me I typically edit a few of the midi tracks and change a few notes where the phasing is occurring. Raising/lowering a few notes to a 3rd, 5th, or whatever harmonizes should do wonders. The other trick I use is to lower the volume of various tracks a bit in the areas needed. Find the offending tracks by muting each one until you find the one(s) causing it.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Thanks Prock, I’ll try inverting some of the E-Piano chords that seem to be triggering the problem.I have reversed the polarity and panned 1 degree right of center on the E-Piano that seems to help. I am trying anything at this point. Once again Thanks, I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks Prock, I’ll try inverting some of the E-Piano chords that seem to be triggering the problem.I have reversed the polarity and panned 1 degree right of center on the E-Piano that seems to help. I am trying anything at this point. Once again Thanks, I’ll keep you posted.

So to clarify…if you mute the electric piano the guitar phasing goes away? That would seem pretty odd that this would be phasing against a guitar track.

Note that if you’re getting sweeps then reversing phase can’t do anything. It only switches the fixed phase of a track…sweeps would suggest that you have 2 copies of the same thing with one modulating against the other.
this could possibly happen if you had mistakenly rerecorded an earlier take onto a new track and then independently timestretched the 2.
Are you certain these are separate recordings and there’s no duplicates?
Have you listened each track in isolation and made sure there is only what you expect to hear?

Thanks, I’ll check all that out.

Thanks Grimm, it looks like you were right, I think, I re recorded all four guitar tracks and the phasing is gone, not sure what I did, probably erased the culprit, in any case it sounds fine, and I really appreciate your help. :smiley: