H6.4.40 / HS(SE)3.4.40 Bug Report

1. HS(SE)3.4.40: The connection between Cubase track selection and HS(SE) program slot selection still doesn’t work, when the HS(SE) GUI was closed and reopened with a different Cubase track selection. This bug exists since version 3.4.20 and didn’t occur in previous versions. This has already been reported.

2. New HALion Script “isNoteHeld()” bug : The following function should always show “true” if a MIDI key is pressed. Since H6.4.30 it shows “true” only on the first key, and “false” on every following key. All scripts that rely on isNoteHeld() don’t work anymore.

function onNote(event)
    print(isNoteHeld())
    end

3. The good thing: Since H6.4.30 script execution works without any speed impairment again. Many thanks for that.

You are right. Haven’t noticed it as I’m using isKeyDown more often.

Did you encounter any problems with playNote recently? I mean hanging notes if there are too many voices sounding at once. I had a program where playing 8 notes simultaneously is fine, 9 and more give me hanging notes. Duration of playNote is either -1 or set to a specified duration in ms so it should always release the voice.

Hi Fantacyzer,
thank you for your bug reports. I’m able to reproduce them here.
The Program slot selection problem is now in our Defect-Tracking-System and listed as Bug-ID “HALLY-8974”.
The “isNoteHeld()” problem is now in our Defect-Tracking-System and listed as Bug-ID “HALLY-8963”.
I hope we can provide fixes for them soon.

Thanks for your report/support and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Gerrit Junge