Had to force quit

I can count on one finger the number of times I crashed or had to force quit in the six years since I’ve been using Dorico.
Here’s the report in case it offers any wanted info. I think it had something to do with audio engine not loading which is a first for me.
The only change I made to my M2 was downloading Aria Player 2x and restarting ( I did not use it in Dorico). Can’t imagine that’s related.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (2.9 MB)

There’s one audio engine crash log in your diagnostics, and I guess that must be the reason for Dorico hanging on your system: the audio engine crashed, and eventually that means that Dorico will hang. I don’t recognise the stack, but @Ulf is the expert on audio engine crashes, so I’m sure he will advise if there’s anything that can be determined about the crash.

1 Like

Hm, this is a crash I’ve never seen before. It’s somewhere in the mediaService thread and at first glance it looks like an exception being thrown, not handled and therefore aborted.
I need to symbolize it to say something more, will come back about it…

1 Like

Hi @lafin , I had a look and as I said, there is some call into the file system which raises an exception. That one does not get handled and the app quits.
I also think it has nothing to do with Aria.
Can you reproduce this issue? Without a reproduction there is hardly anything that we can do about it.

Thanks Ulf,
I’ll keep an eye on it and report back if I have any more info.

1 Like