Half notes over moving quarters in piano part

For the sake of ‘easier to read,’ I would really like to see that B and D as half notes, while the A moves down to G in the right hand of this piano part. When I put the B and D into a different voice I get it, but I also get a lot of rests that I don’t want to see either.
Anybody know how to do this?

Putting those notes in a different voice is the correct approach. Then select the passage (or just the relevant rests) and go Edit > Remove Rests.

Thank you pianoleo, that did it! I would like to request someway to make that a default so it would save the extra time of going back over piano parts to fix each instance individually. :wink:

The default correct way is to just enter different note values into different voices. That is the purpose of the voices functionality.

2 Likes

If you set up shortcuts for changing voices and removing rests, it really does go quite quickly. As I recall, once a new voice has been created (say, Down-stem Voice 1, in addition the the original Up-stem Voice 1), simply select the note(s) to be changed and press “v”. If you have more than one additional voice created, I think that pressing “v” cycles through each one until you get the one you want.