Halion 4.5 crashes on exit

I am sure you are missing something here.
I NEVER use the surround panner and Halion crashes Cubase all the time. Try using the 4.0 presets. Also try working with samples importing/mapping. You can never predict when it will crash.
Dramatic? I don’t think so.
So please… Maybe it’s not a big deal for you but if you want to use Halion 4 extensively this is a HUGE issue.
I don’t understand why you are argumentative about somethIng like that.

Hello everybody,
it’s impossible to work actually with Halion 4.5
I hope the team will find the solution.
JP

Please let’s keep a sense of proportion!
The problem described in this thread (Runtime Error R6025 on exit) is localized and caused by the Surround Panner in a Windows 64bit environment only. The workarounds are:

• Don’t make use of the Surround Panner in your own custom presets until the new H4 Updater is published
  • Hands off from factory presets that starts with “4.0” in its name because this signals the use of the Surround Panner

Take these advices and your problems should be solved!

I know that if one has payed a lot of money for a product, then its desireable to use it to its full extent. This is currently not possible (at least in 64 bit). Again I will ask to accept my apologies.

best regards
Gerrit

Thank you !
JP

+1

Let’s not forget that the 32-bit plugin works perfectly in 64-bit Cubase as well … so really, the only case where this could possibly be an unsurmountable problem for anyone would be if they want to use a massive amount of samples (>~3GB) loaded simultaneously and they are mixing for surround sound!

It was only annoying in its apparent randomness until a user (I think dsoffner?) discovered it was related to the “4.0…” presets in a 64-bit environment and Gerrit confirmed this. Once you know this, it is simple to avoid (e.g. create edited versions of these presets if you can’t live without them). Best of all, it doesn’t even cause a crash during use, only then you quit the application – for most people that would mean you’re done anyway; so, not elegant, but not any harm either. So less of this “spreading through the net” and “impossible to work” nonsense. Grow up! :stuck_out_tongue:

It has been confirmed as a bug, and now even an apology made, it will be fixed in the next update and as a user I would prefer a stable and tested update than one hastily rushed out to address an issue that only a handful of people will even notice – so let’s move on.

I don’t see how this as well as your previous comments are constructive except from personally mocking someone. And you seem even more upset about that than Gerrit is. I don’t know what to assume about your aggressive stance, all I know is:

1. No details were given up to now as how to successfully avoid the problem (Thanks Gerrit by the way)
  2. I have a support ticket since December which was not replied until two days ago.
  3. I PAID for this software and expect it to work as it should. I have paid every attention so that when I compose/arrange I don’t have any bridges or 32bit plugins in my 64bit project. I am not feeling comfortable working with a 32bit plugin in a 64bit environment.
  4. If you really want to I can send you links to very popular forums where people are bashing Halion and I might be the only one who defends it. Still I have to express my dissatisfaction with an issue going on for so long. And I think it’s better to do it in Steinberg’s own forum than in other 3rd party forums.

Now, I don’t know what your motivations are to turn this into something so personal and I have no hard feelings , but I would say, before you ask someone to grow up, just think that not everybody uses a program the same way you might be using it.

Cheers :wink:

@Bach - you need to edit the html in your above post; its showing you have incorrectly attributed the comment ‘Grow up!’ to Gerrit Junge.

Carry on everyone… :slight_smile:

Hahaha! Ok done! :slight_smile:

Hi @ all,

I think it is time for a dropping in.

1. The patch will be released as fast as possible.

2. @ Bach: Your Support request was answered from my colleague Oscar as soon as your request was sent to us and since December your are in email contact with the Steinberg Support Team.

3. I use the HALion 4.5.1 in a professional environment in 64Bit and I can confirm this bug is definitely not a showstopper. Especially if I follow the tips Gerrit Junge gave us in this topic.