HALion 4.5 public beta

It updates the old version, or so I remember.

Hi guys,

this multi- osc issue will be solved within the full release of the HALion 4.5

Bugbase [3989]

Greetz

Marcus

Can anyone tell me if you can import AKAI disks now without having to make a disk image. I will not upgrade from v3 until this is possible.

Denis

Will the pdf user manual be updated to cover all the new features?

The manual is updated as well and installed with the update.

This is what I came up with:

1. Deleted all slots, then clicked on the Save Multi-Program button; named the preset “Empty”
  2. Right-click on the Multi loader, selected “Save as Default”.

Looks like page 21 of the beta pdf indicates I could have simply used the “Clear Plug-in Instance” in the Multi loader, saved it, then select Save as Default

The cool thing is that I set this up in my DAW and it opened up Empty in the Stand Alone version. :sunglasses:

Thanks a ton for the explanation, going to look into this now.

I guess you are glad about the timestretch/pitchshift added in this version? I know I am and you voiced your concern over the lack of this feature as well.

Thanks again.

Can anyone please confirm this? I still cannot get my selection of core usage to actually stick upon closing and reloading of Halion 4. Even after saving my changes as a default multi it still reverts to off upon the next loading of Halion 4.

How does one get my core selection to stick? Is this a bug that it won’t do so?

Hi there,

great update & thank you. :smiley:

Don’t know if anyone else has come up with this yet but I now cannot view & see the size of the area that I want when I drop a sample into the mapping area from media bay(I’ve only tried media bay so far).

You can hover the sample over the keys & move it to get the right size etc but no longer on the mapping area.

Anyone else had this or am I missing something.

Cheers, Cods

You’ve been so helpful to many here. Glad I could return the favor.

Yes, the time stretch/pitchshift features are much appreciated.

Very cool that SB does listen and respond.

Cheers

I agree. There are many things I would like to see done to Halion 4, but for being so new on release, SB have done a fantastic job on releasing two of my biggest needs. The rest are just refinements and wants.

Keep up the great work SB. I am glad every single day that I purchased Halion 4, it has been the best investment I have made this year and I hope you get many sales of this great software as it continues to get better and better.

Hey all,

Can anyone tell me what is the most productive way to utilyze the multi-processor support? I have 6 cores/12 threads on my system, and have activated multi-processor support already in Cubase. I really haven’t had any drop outs until I set up multiple layer/midi module programs. Let me know, thanks.

Sometimes when I tryed time strching on HALion Beta 4.5.0 ( in Cubase 6.0.4) Cubase crashed.
(Intel I7, Gigabyte motherboard, 12 GB RAM, NVidiaQuatro 280 video card, Win 7 - 64 Ultimate, M-Audio Profire 610 Sound Card, M-Audio midi sport 2x2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 64 midi keyboard, Behringer BCF 2000 midi controller.

Hi,
Halion 4.5 A.U. plugin version in Ableton Live 8.2.6 (OSX 10.6.7)
experiencing crashes,
this happens when I want to load a program from the drop down menu provided
at programe box in slot rack & from the program tree… I hit the little arrow to reveal the temporary browser > shows > then crash.
Happens more often than not it seems

totally love Halion … great work all round SB,
thank you

Hi guys,

the Multicore- Support will be completely available in the full release of the HALion 4.5.

Thanks Marcus, so I am not going crazy in seeing the values not sticking. I have actually lowered it from 8 to 7 and now it seems to be sticking?

I am really liking the new Zone Template Import options, certainly makes globally setting headroom and pan level settings for imported samples a breeze.

I am noticing however, that this function does not apply to FXP files imported into the Halion Mediabay. Is it possible to get these new headroom and pan level Import options to apply to samples imported into the Halion 4 Mediabay via FXP?

Thanks for reading. Great job on the update again. Been rock solid here.

I love the new browser!

Oh me too! This was a huge request of mine. I was expecting something like Halion 3 had, this is that and much more! Great job!

Hello
Firts time excuse my very bad english, i am a 60 years old FRENCH and i don’t have learn english since the end of school 18 years ! ! !
My configuration
PC dell 1558 windows 7 64 bits 8go memory
Keyboard emu xboard 61 connected usb
One Man Band ( midi live arrangeur) midi in from emu xboard
midi out LoopMIDI ( virtual midi cable 32 bit 64 bit )
Now i use Halion 3 64 bits in from LoopMIDI
No problèms it run perfectly but i can’t use the Halion sonic bank include in Halion 4

I have buy the update Halion 4
I have installed the update Halion 4.5 beta

First question
When i want to affect a midi controller ( ex 91 for reverb and 93 for chorus) i may made a right clic on the level, select learn, and after i may send by OMB the controller and Halion 4 learn it, it is ok, but i may send one time for 91 for reverb level and a second time for 93 in chorus level ( my table sounds have 80 sounds it is very hard )
Can you made a midi contollers table ( 0 to 127) to affect those midi controllers directly, i would be more esealy

Second question
When i use Halion 3 i have select 10 seconds for preload, and when i change a sound in the tracks ( always 10 to 12 sounds) Halion 3 load imeddatly the sounds in the tracks ( no disk acces )
Whith Halion 4 ( i have select preload in my table) when i change the sounds it made one disk acces by sound, and some times there is a crash because the is too much to reed
I don’t have found how to made the preload memory biggest

NB: I have send this message to the french support support@steinberg.fr but i have write it in french !

With best regards

Didier Azemar