Halion 4, empty Mediabay, no factory preset sounds available

Hi,

Can anyone help a frustrated newbie, please?

Just installed Halion 4.5 64bit on my new Windows 7 64bit pc. Allowed it to install to all of the default locations, didn’t tick the ‘allow all users of this pc to access…etc’ tickbox. Opened Halion 4 in standalone mode, absolutely no sounds available whatsoever in the mediabay. Have the latest eLicencer installed, showing full licence for my Cubase 6 and Halion 4. Have rescanned the mediabay in Cubase (but unsure how to do same in Halion), there are approx 250 Halion 4 VST Preset sounds in there. But if I load Halion 4 as a VST Instrument in Cubase, still no sounds available.

This is all still a bit new to me so any help guidance would be greatly appreciated as I’m becoming extremely frustrated with this.

Thanks.

Tim

Hi Tim!
I can only tell you that you’re not alone with this problem. Happened to me just the same. I also installed “Halion 4” 64-bit Windows 7 64 bit and the only sound I can hear is “The 4th Dimension”. I understand your frustration when you expect to find hundreds of new sounds you expect to enjoy.
I made ​​an online support request to Steinberg but continued without a response.
I hope someone can help us solve this problem.
Armand

Me too.
Wierd though, all my other VST applications install a “library” file on a drive other than the system “c” drive.
Halion installs “content” to something to do with appdata/roaming in the users file on the c drive.
I’m not even able to open this file.
So where are these damn sounds?
Oh yeah, I rang yamaha too - 2 days ago. No one’s called me back yet though:(

Hi there,

• Please remove the eLicenser Control Center with the Windows control Panel/Program and Features

• Please download and install now the latest eLicenser Control Center:

Please try to reset the HALion Sonic SE preferences:
“C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\HALion Sonic SE_64”
rename to:
“C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\HALion Sonic SE_64’_inactive”

…Or just delete it, it will be newly created while the next start of HALion Sonic SE.
If you have got also installed HALion Sonic or the HALion 4, please reset as well their preferences.

Please reset your Cubase 6 and Cubase 7 by generating a new preferences folder.
In order to do so you must rename the following folder:

Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
“OS Disk \User<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6_64”
Please rename to
“OS Disk \User<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6_64 inactive”

The same afterwards for Cubase 7 64_bit:

“OS Disk \User<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7_64”
Please rename to
“OS Disk \User<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7_64 inactive”

Do not rename or delete the whole Steinberg folder
In the Steinberg folder is a Content folder that keeps important data and VST3 presets:
C:\Users[Usersname]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content
If you have previously deleted the whole Steinberg folder, please re- install the whole Cubase Content (Loopmash 2, Groove Agent one, HALion Sonic SE etc.) for “anyone that uses this computer”

Preferences that you have grown accustomed to and that have taken a lot of time to configure - the key commands for instance - can be copied from the inactive folder to the newly created active preferences folder at a later point.

On Windows it could be that preferences folder is not visible. To see those hidden files:

1. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.

2. Click the View tab.

3. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

• Now please start Cubase 7
  • Open up the Cubase Mediabay (F5)
  • Please scan the whole System- Drive (C:)first, wait until all folders are completely scanned. This could take some minutes, no folder should be coloured red
  • Now please scan the whole VST Sound area
  • Now open up the HALion Sonic SE, HALion Sonic or the HALion 4

Hi Marcus!
Thank you for attending our problem. I’m traveling right now but when I return I will follow your instructions and communicate the result.
Thank you again. I was beginning to get discouraged with this topic.
Armand

Thank you for the detailed answer!
Im about to install cubase 6 on another computer.
Looks like a lot of changes - so what did we do wrong on the install?
Why so many errors on a standard install?
Is everyone having these problems or is it only some configs?

well, have no idea why, but on my other computer, all seems to load up fine :confused: