Halion 4 Replacing Samples

Hi

I found a small bug in halion 4.5, I’m telling you this.
Can you help me?

Thank you

You try to replace more than one sample simultaneously.

Did you try to replace a single sample as well? I remember it worked correctly.

Hi

not does not change anything. if you can explain your manipulation.

Thank you for your help

Hi,

I tried, the sample replace function works perfectly, so this is not a bug, you should change the title of this topic.

The problem in your video is that you select TWO samples in the Mapping Editor and try to apply the sample replace function to TWO samples.

Sample replace only works with ONE sample zone selected!

Here is a practical example:
Imagine you are playing a MIDI drum groove with HALion playing the drum sounds. Let’s say you want to swap the kick to something else kick. You do not even have to close the Sample Replace windows, you can realtime browse for different samples for that zone > awesome feature!

Step-by-step example:

1. Start playing in Cubase or any of your DAW the DRUM midi sequence you made. You should hear your drum beats playing.
  2. In HALion select the Kick sample zone (BUT NOT OTHERS!) and activate the Sample Replace on the Kick.
  3. In the browser, go to a folder where you have several kicks
  4. Click Prelisten Sample
  5. Just browse trough your kick samples and voila they are instantly replaced while playing.

So all you have to remember here - sample replace only works for a single sample > do NOT select more than ONE!

Hope it clears the issue.

Hi

Thank you, replacing a sample I can do. but for many samples, if I read the manual Halion 4 (picture 1 and picture 2) for me it is not possible. So is that it is me who misunderstood what is written …?

Maybe the confusion is that (all) the sample names you want to replace must be identical… (loaded and your replacement choices). I’m only going on what that manual extract you posted says.

Is this what you have been trying, and still no joy…?

Bob

I’ve tried everything, then I want a good developer of steinberg explains. because here is not working.
thank you

Hi there,

in which Program/ Preset do you want to exchange which Samples exactly, please?

Please send us a step-by-step guide what you are exactly doing and what you expect as a result.

Cheers,

Marcus

Hi

I explain all in this video.
Thank you

In the manual it says that Halion 4 can ramplacer Sev enchantillons if it bears the same name. this is what I want.

Hi again,

the video was good and everything seems to be ok.

Replace Identical Names, the samples are only replaced by the new samples, if the names are identical.
In your case they are not identical (shown in the video).

Cheers,

Marcus

Hi

I have halion 4.5.2 and does not work here sir I remade a video the first sample was the same name.
Please create a video that shows the replacement of several file work.

Ludovic

Hi there,

thank you for your second video.

The function you are using will only work, if the names are absolutely identical and the path should be different.
An example:
you have changed something in the audio file itself with an external Editor and you have saved these files with the same name but at a different place on your hard- disks.
Now you can replace the samples.
Please try to use “Replace by Search Pattern” instead of “Replace Identical Names”.

Cheers,

Marcus

Hi
can you give an example video please because I do not understand ?

Thank you

Hi there,

the function works as described in your French- HALion 4 manual.

But If you want to exchange the sample with a different sample, you can only do this one after another and NOT
exchanging all samples in one operation.

Barzione explained it very detailed

Cheers,

Marcus

Well we should add this function