HALion 4 tutorial???

Are there plans for SWA or MPV to release H4 tutorials?

Yeah I know, RTRM. In time yes, but I’m really busy…

Having used HALion Sonic 1.5.2, it was easy enough to put it through some paces last night.

The GUI oozes high class and of course the HS sounds are immediately pleasing to my ears. I really hope that 3rd party developers start putting out H4 format sample libraries.

Feature wish-lists aside, I’m really excited about getting up to speed with H4.

Tutorials???

This was really helpful:
Making Samples in HALion 4

Useful bits in these videos from the SB site:

Hi,

We just today announced that our HALion 4 | In Depth is now available for Pre-Order.

We are now taking Pre-Orders on our latest release, HALion 4 | In Depth. This video is expected to be available for download on Oct. 21 2011. Order now and save with special Pre-Order pricing.

Sample can be viewed at http://streamworksaudio.com/products/halion4_indepth

The latest incarnation of Steinberg’s ever powerful virtual sampler instrument brings a wealth of improvements, new features and functions that take this sampler to the next level. With all this power it might be easy to get overwhelmed, enter Streamworks Audio’s HALion 4 | In Depth. Instructor’s Donna Hanson and Walter Hunnicutt (instructors of SWA Complete Cubase 6 and SWA Complete Reason 5) will walk you through the vast feature set of this almighty sampler instrument, providing clear concise understanding of the topics at hand.

HALion 4 In Depth takes you through all the major facets of HALion 4. This video series provides a structured approach to learning HALion. We will focus on the functions and capabilities users need to know to get the most out of this remarkable instrument. The course provides enough theory to understand HALion but illustrates that theory with hands-on examples to get you up and running quickly.

The chapters on Zone and Sound editing will provide the studio performer with everything thing they need to adapt the Steinberg library to their projects; or create entirely new programs

The chapters on performance controllers provide a lot of firepower in both the studio and the live environment.

And the Sample Editing and File Handling chapters will help you integrate your existing sound libraries using HALion.

Topics covered by your instructors:

Hidden features and work flow
Program structure and editing processes
How to create and edit samples
How to use HALion as a synthesizer (sound creation)
How to use HALion as a synthesizer (sound design)
How Key Switches work to unlock more flexibility
How to use the Flex Phaser to build parts quickly
More advanced Sample Editing
Libraries importing and mapping

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for producing this video tutorial. Looks like it’s gonna cover a range of useful topics.

I just placed my pre-order. :smiley:

Best regards,

Wally

+1

Hi folks,

Just wanted to remind everybody that this video is still slated for release on Oct. 21st - so only a few more days left to take advantage of the special pre-order pricing.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

This sounds really interesting :exclamation:

This might be unfair to ask, but in 4.5 it seems that the sample file browser has been completely reworked. I don’t suppose this will be covered in the tutorial… :question:

Cheers,
Rune

Same question to Chris: Will version 4.5 be included in the tutorial?

Hi folks,

Just wanted to let everybody know that the video will be on our servers today as planned (Oct 21 - Vancouver time :slight_smile: ) however there were a few last minute changes that we needed to do, so the video will be ready closer to the end of the day - our apologies.

As for the video covering 4.5 - at this stage the video is using strictly 4.0, we will have a look at 4.5 and we might be able to update to the current video later on (which if we do would be a free download for those that have purchased the 4.0 video).

Cheers,
Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the last minute update.
I’m very much looking forward to this video boost to flatten the learning curve. :smiley:

Best regards,

WV

The video is now ready for download! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Chris