Halion 4 Update / Upgrade

FREE “HALion Sonic SE”
Basically a HALion 4 engine player with only 8 Quick Controls to manipulate the sound, no editor.
Over 900 sounds is included.

$249 ($99 upgrade from Trial) “HALion Sonic”
A HALion 4 engine player and editor, with lots of editing capabilities.
A library of 1,400 sounds is included.

$349 ($99 upgrade from H3/HS) “HALion 4”
Enables editing of all that can be edited.
A 1,600 sound library is included.

All three products use the same engine, which not only cuts costs, and lowers the degree of bugs, but gives us all the cool new features (when released) in all Steinbergs plug-ins that use the engine.

This is how a lot of the manufactures of software instruments program their plug-ins, a common engine with additional smaller modules to make them unique (some probably don’t even do that).

Hi, still no decision about how much it will cost to upgrade from Halion 2 to Halion 4 then.

As i was one of the first to buy Halion 1 and Halion 2 i don’t think it should be any different from the upgrade for Halion 3 owners.

I still had to pay the initial price to buy the product in the first place.
It’s not as if i got it for FREE and my support of the initial product should be respected.

The upgrade from Cubase 4 to Cubase 6 is not TOO much either ( which i have done, but need to move house & buy new PC before i register it).

After all the upgrades for Native Instruments Komplete 7 and other Companies products don’t cost a lot.

What do the rest of you think?

Regards

Mike001

Same.

I own Komplete 7 and Kontakt 4, and currently I’d rather wait and update to Kontakt 5 or Komplete 8/9 instead from H2 to H4. I’ll decide wether the content is worth the price, and I’ve got a lot of K4 content already…

thank you for this upgrade and price. i think the price is fair (considering the time us Halion3 users have been waiting…over 5 years).

i will upgrade from H3 when this is available.

Will Halion 4 work with Cubase Studio’s final update 5.5.3
Thanks wldn

HALion 4 come as VST3.5 and VST2.4 both, so if your host is not VST3.5 compatible, you can still use the VST2.4 version. This of course cannot support the new functionality that VST3 has to offer.

Halion 4 is out but still NO price for Halion 2 owners.

mike001

Can you update to v3, then get a free / grace update to 4?

Question: does this go for Sonic SE as well? I purchased Cubase 6 and seriously miss a sampler. If this means upgrading to Halion4 for EUR 99 … count me in! Otherwise I can spend that few hundred Euro on something else and thank heavens for Rewire :slight_smile:

Sorry if this question is already answered somewhere, but I couldnt find it

No. This does not apply to Halion Sonic SE, only Halion Sonic.

There is something of an upgrade path if you have Cubase 6:

1. Activate your trial of Halion Sonic that came with Cubase 6 ($199)
  2. Upgrade Halion Sonic to Halion 4 ($99)

Total cost via this route: $300
Savings of $50 (off the full retail of Halion 4, $350).

Thank Shinta, all clear
Gr, Slope

Can someone tell me whether the box version includes the Halion 4 demo songs?

Hi kiwi,

as far as I know there are no HALion 4 demo songs on the HALion 4 DVD.

Best regards,

Marcus

Thank you Marcus