HALion 5.1 udpate available

I’ve tried , and it’s work well , thanks lxegs
but during the short moment when the registry was under my mousewheel , i thinks that Steinberg doesn’t make the life easy for computer dummies :exclamation:

Great news:)

Thx:))

Hi all,

If you are having problems with installing the patcher on Windows, please go to your control center / programs and functions menu, right-click on HALion 5 and select “repair” before installing the 5.1 update.

I have deleted the previous post by lxegs that recommended to edit the registry since we recommend to use the repair function. Many thanks to lxegs though for figuring out an alternative way to solve the problem.

Mny thanks Matthias:)

Downloaded latest Halion 5.1 update, carried out repair operation but still refuses to update ( Windows 7 64bit).
Is there an .msi file available?

EDIT:
Problem with loading Metronomic solved, Anti virus software prevented installation. Not a problem encountered with Steinberg software before. :smiley:

Regards MikeA.

Have you installed HALion and the update with different user modes (single user vs. all users)?

If the repair function operation doesn’t help, please re-install HALion 5.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just got back… Hmm, yes also msi issue with this “fix”

Can we somehow address this, lieber Matthias? Seems we always run into the same issues…

Greets:)

edit: also, cant seem to find the Halion installer anywhere to download. Maybe it would be good to offer a program file installer only (without any content) just us to be able to fix it and update…

Please fix:
Funky Steel guitar" preset makes Halion 5.1 to crash
Confirmed!
It happens in all programs which have the layer Fret Noises.
There is something wrong with the MegaTrig.

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We can confirm that there are issues with the Windows installer and with the MegaTrig module and we are already preparing a 5.1.1 update that will fix both issues.

My 5.1 update installed without any problems, but I noticed something else though.

The envelopes on some of my custom made sounds aren’t playing correctly.
Particularly the more complicated / multiple node envelopes.

After the update there seems to be extra nodes which I did not add (even among my stored preset envelopes). Also, the envelope doesn’t play through to the end. The sound just drops to silence after the first few nodes.

I tried moving the nodes around to see if the plugin just needs to “re-register” the values, but nothing is helping so far.

Currently the only solution seems to be manually recreating all my envelopes, which I’m not keen on.

Has anyone had this experience and is there a solution?

The issues with the MegaTrig module, a 5.1.1 update that will fix issues, nothing? downgrade to 5.0 don’t work with new sounds created in 5.1

Was having trouble with the 5.1.1 update and tried reinstalling Halion 5, repairing, and then trying the update several times without success. Then a thought struck me from a previous experience and I copied the 5.1.1 update installer to my desktop and it worked. Seems it didn’t like being buried in my software update folder a couple levels down, but operated perfectly fine from the desktop. Maybe this will help someone else.

Problem with loading Halion 5.1 and Metronomic solved, Anti virus software prevented installation. Not a problem encountered with Steinberg software before. :smiley:

Regards MikeA.